Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb I hid his sins for 40 years....

It was narrated that in the days that Musa - alayhis salam - wandered with Bani Israaeel in the desert a grizzly drought befell them. Together, they all raised their hands towards the heavens praying for the blessed rain. Then, to the astonishment of Musa - alayhis salam - and all those watching, the few clouds that scattered the sky vanished, the heat scorched down, and the drought intensified.

It was revealed to Musa- alayhis salam - that there was a sinner amongst Bani Israaeel that had disobeyed Allah for more than 40 years of his life. “Let him separate himself from the congregation,” Allah told Musa- alayhis salam -. “Only then shall I shower you all with rain.”

Musa - alayhis salam - called out to the throngs of humanity, “There is a person amongst us who has disobeyed Allah for 40 years. Let him separate himself from the congregation and only then shall we be rescued from the drought.” That man, waited, looking left and right, hoping that someone else would step forward…but no one did. Sweat poured from his brow and he knew he was the one.

If he stayed amongst the congregation all would die of thirst; yet, if he stepped forward he would be humiliated for all eternity.

He raised his hands with sincerity he had never known before, with humility he had never tasted, tears poured on both cheeks, “O Allah, have mercy on me! O Allah, hide my sins! O Allah, forgive me!”

As Musa - alayhis salam - and Bani Israaeel awaited for the sinner to step forward, the clouds hugged the sky and the rain poured. Musa - alayhis salam - asked Allah Ta'ala, “O Allah, you blessed us with rain even though that sinner did not come forward.” And Allah Ta'ala replied, “O Musa, it is for the repentance of that very person that I blessed all of Bani Israaeel with water.”

Musa- alayhis salam - wanting to know who was this blessed man, asked, “Show him to me O Allah!” Allah Ta'ala replied, “O Musa, I hid his sins for 40 years. Do you think that after his repentance I shall expose him? ”

Odan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: I hid his sins for 40 years....

Allah's mercy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For he is Ar-Rahmaan!

akhi for sharing....
    ''You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace without freedom''- MalcolmX
    www.feesabilillah.com
    www.freefilistin.com
    www.freesheeshan.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

subhanAllah i love!!!! this....Allah will protect and conceal your sins even from his prophets subhanAllah! truly he is Ar rahman and Al Gafur

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb Re: I hid his sins for 40 years....

:bump:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Assalamu Alaykum,

I've got a recording of two scholars narrating this incident. If I find them I'll post them here insha'Allah. Jazakallah for sharing.

Wassalam.
    Created to unite Muslim students from all over the world, no matter how they aquire their knowledge.

The Deen Site | The Deen Forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

subhanAllah

The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

scribble
    Guests

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

While I have always felt touched by this story, and I have heard it quoted in countless forums and during more than one Jumu'ah khutbah - and if anyone would wish it to be a true story, then it would be me - however (after a fair bit of research) I have failed to find any attribution to it from any hadith (sahih or otherwise) of the Prophet or from any of his companions; the only reference I've found for it is "Kitab at-Tawwabeen" by ibn Qudamah (died 620 AH) rahimahullah, and he narrates the incident starting "it was related that ...", without tracing it back to its original source. I don't know if it could be an Israelite narration - which does not automatically preclude it from being true - but the absence of an authentic source implies that the narration must be taken with a grain of salt, so to speak.

If anyone has any knowledge of the source of this narration, I would be indebted to them if they could let me know.

There are, of course, confirmed ahadeeth that give us hope in Allah SWT's great Mercy and Forgiveness (the man who killed a 100 people; the prostitute who was forgiven for giving water to a thirsty dog; a couple of the Qudsi Ahadeeth that are mentioned in Imam Nawawi's Forty; to name a few).

May Allah SWT hide our sins in this world and forgive them in al-Aakhirah.
    Last edited by 3qeel; 11-12-08 at 02:13 AM.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1697 Post(s)

ÑÏ : Re: I hid his sins for 40 years....

never underestimate the importance of sincere repentance

much different than the carefree repentance we claim we make
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: ÑÏ : Re: I hid his sins for 40 years....

Jazakallah Khair

Not the best Muslim
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

when I first heard this story in a khutbah or something I was in shock for a while.

You know when something hits you and you just need everyone to leave you alone so you can absorb it fully...yah this is one of those

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb Re: I hid his sins for 40 years....

:bump: