Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

~**~**~**~**~**~ ze leetle elper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Exclamation Time to lay some ground rules...

Salaam all

I'm as eager as the next person when it comes to marriage but I would like to lay down some ground rules for this forum since there seems to be WAY too many threads/ posts created which are either duplicates/ spam etc etc

So here is what I can think of off the top of my head. Other mods, please feel free to add to this

1. DO A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD: It is VERY likely the topic you wish to discuss has been discussed before!! There are only so many topics which come under the banner of marriage and every single one has been talked about on here so GET SEARCHING!

2. DON'T START USELESS/ STUPID/ POINTLESS POLLS: I'm looking at the new threads in this section and almost every one has a poll attached to it! Listen, I know some of you are young and shy and stuff, but if you want to ask a question then go ahead and ask it! Don't hide behind a poll as an excuse for starting the topic. And what are these thread starters supposedly doing with the poll results anyway? Is there some kind of poll keeper here on Ummah who is compiling a book of our poll results or something? Quit it with the polls.

3. IF YOU DO START A POLL, AT LEAST DO IT IN THE CORRECT SECTION: We have a Polling section for one reason only. FOR POLLS! So use it and don't litter your polls across the forum.

4. TRY TO RESPOND TO THE TOPIC SERIOUSLY AND MATURELY: I know sometimes there are jokes just waiting to be cracked, but please bite your tongue before posting, because there are SO MANY useless posts in this section and we did not create this section so users can have petit arguments, humour one another, have digs, calls funny names, make stupid threads or whatever. This is meant to be a rich archive for those who are seriously looking for answers and SERIOUS opinions on marriage related topics.

5. KEEP YOUR CHIT CHAT TO PM OR MSN OR WHATEVER: but don't do it here. Thank you.
    Last edited by ze leetle elper; 22-08-07 at 02:11 PM.
    What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
    Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
    Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
    but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
    but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
    We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
    freedom from slavery to other than the One,
    Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
    and a horizon that extends to the next life,
    Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Time to lay some ground rules...

Assalamu alaykum,

I would also like to add, that the moderators have noticed a large amount of intermingling between the genders in this specific section. Whilst mixed discussion is unavoidable due to the nature of marriage related topics, users should still be aware that there are limits to the intermingling, and that both genders should avoid becoming too verbally comfortable and close to users of the opposite sex, even if meant in a purely genuine manner. This is to avoid any misinterpretation between what is being said and what the reader may interpret it to mean.

Users are also requested to note that this section was created for marriage related threads, topics which are either relating to a personal problem/ a fiqh issue and/or an issue that you seriously are concerned or interested in knowing the answer for your own purposes.

This does not include general polls or general questions whereby the aim is to only engage users in idle talk or create a 100 page thread containing no information of any relevance to anything serious at all.
    O you passionately in love with the meaning of Our beauty,
    Our dowry is expensive for the one who proposes to Us:
    An emaciated body and spirit full of care and eyes which do not taste sleep,
    And a heart which does not contain other than Us.
    If you want to pay the price,
    Then be annihilated if you wish for eternal annihilation.