Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

View Poll Results: Hijab + Make-up negates the whole point of Hijab - Yes or No?

Voters
198. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a sister and i concur wholeheartedly with the aforementioned thesis

83 41.92%
  • Im a sister and I think your talking aload of cobblers mate

40 20.20%
  • Im a brother and i agree...lets be friends

55 27.78%
  • Im a brother and i disagree - no hard feelings

12 6.06%
  • Im a brother and i dont know what i think

8 4.04%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Barayev
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Hijab + Make-up negates the whole point of Hijab? - This is not a make-up thread

Does a hijab with make-up negate the whole point of hijab? Do you wear make-up with hijab? what are the reasons for it?
    Bros, what would you do if your wife wore make-up with hijab? is it calling out for attention? can it be excused? is it normal?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Re: Hijab + Make-up negates the whole point of Hijab?

hmmm so what about when a woman came to deliver a letter to rasoolAllah salAllahu alleyhi wa salam at the house of Aisha and she passed it from behind a curtain and the prophet salAllahu alleyhi wa salam said are u a man or a woman, she said she was a woman, and he salAllahu alleyhi wa salam told her to colour her fingers with henna .... thats an adornment right

( dip the ends of her fingers in henna, like some nigerians do today)
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

nose studs/rings... what's all that about? ... it's like some metallic bogey up your nose ... same like painting your nails? what is the score with that??...
    Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
    http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
    Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
    Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seven View Post
    nose studs/rings... what's all that about? ... it's like some metallic bogey up your nose ... same like painting your nails? what is the score with that??...
    painting ur nails is a waste of time, cos u cant make wudu wearing nail polish, so she would have to remove and re-apply it 5 times a day. And that stuff takes ages to put on straight.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

hijabi with make-up... isn't that a bit like a guy with a combed/brushed beard?

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by `asiya View Post
    hmmm so what about when a woman came to deliver a letter to rasoolAllah salAllahu alleyhi wa salam at the house of Aisha and she passed it from behind a curtain and the prophet salAllahu alleyhi wa salam said are u a man or a woman, she said she was a woman, and he salAllahu alleyhi wa salam told her to colour her fingers with henna .... thats an adornment right

interesting, thats because her hands probably looked manly so he couldnt tell, im sure we dont need a woman to wear make up to distinguish whether shes male or female
    Please Re-update your Signature

^ but i dont want to!

Account Disabled
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chained_Water View Post
    What do people think nose studs/rings, bracelets, rings, henna, kohl are if they aren't adornments?! And they are blatantly not forbidden.

Amateur fatwas don't really mean much.
    if that was directed at me, then kindly refrain with the underhanded insult.

Zeenat are adornments which are permissible to look at, a person cannot fall in love with a bracelet or an abaya, so looking at the accessories of zeenat is permissible it is when a man looks at the person wearing the zeenat is where it is forbidden.
    and when a women wears make-up he is looking at the face not the make-up if he lustfully glances at the actual lipstick she used and not the lipstick on her lips then i guess that's permissible.

dream of being more... ibn suleman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

hijabi with make-up... isn't that a bit like a guy with a combed/brushed beard?
    nothing wrong with a brushed beard
    i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibn suleman View Post
    nothing wrong with a brushed beard
    yeah brushes work much better than a comb

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Umarah View Post
    if that was directed at me, then kindly refrain with the underhanded insult.

Zeenat are adornments which are permissible to look at, a person cannot fall in love with a bracelet or an abaya, so looking at the accessories of zeenat is permissible it is when a man looks at the person wearing the zeenat is where it is forbidden.
    and when a women wears make-up he is looking at the face not the make-up if he lustfully glances at the actual lipstick she used and not the lipstick on her lips then i guess that's permissible.
    Sis ..Why are you on the defensive and assuming the worst.. sheesh, I thought we were on good terms.. NO it was not directed at you!
    My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.- Shaykh al-Shadhili

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
    O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
    Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

yeah brushes work much better than a comb
    true..combing makes it go weird

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

when it comes to stuff like this we should really refer to the scholars..

Quote Originally Posted by sunnipath
    Makeup is different. In Surat al-Nur, Allah says, "And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, or their brothers' sons or their sisters' sons, or their women or the servants whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex, and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O you Believers, turn you all together towards Allah, that you may attain Bliss". (Qur'an 24:31).

Scholars have interpreted the directive to not display beauty and ornaments except what ordinarily appears in terms of ordinary adornment and extra adornment. Ordinary adornments like kohl, henna, or a ring are permissible to wear in public. Extra adornment, like perfume, lipstick, dazzling eye colors, and the like are not permissible to wear in public. In short, any type of adornment which makes a woman look "made-up" and attracts amorous attention is not permissible, as this would defeat the whole purpose of hijab.

And Allah knows best.
    http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...D=4871&CATE=97

Umm Salah
    Please Re-update your Signature

^ but i dont want to!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

LOL ..men are funny
    My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
    Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mazed View Post
    interesting, thats because her hands probably looked manly so he couldnt tell, im sure we dont need a woman to wear make up to distinguish whether shes male or female
    yes that was the reason why, so her hands could be recognised as a womans hands, and sah not saying this is an excuse to wear heaps of make up but it is permissible in the sahih sunnah for women to wear khol too, for example a widow asked if she can wear is because she had an eye infection, and she was told she could not wear it for 4 months and 10 days... until her iddah was over, and that is outside the house where people will see her.

clearly women in the sunnah were wearing khol on the inside of their eyes, ( not like women wear it today painted in long black lines outside their lashes on their eye lids ) but this khol should be worn next to the eye ball on the inside lid of the eye even with niqab that little khol inside the eyes is still visible It is a protection from the sun and medicinal too.

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

yes that was the reason why, so her hands could be recognised as a womans hands, and sah not saying this is an excuse to wear heaps of make up but it is permissible in the sahih sunnah for women to wear khol too, for example a widow asked if she can wear is because she had an eye infection, and she was told she could not wear it for 4 months and 10 days... until her iddah was over, and that is outside the house where people will see her.

clearly women in the sunnah were wearing khol on the inside of their eyes, ( not like women wear it today painted in long black lines outside their lashes on their eye lids ) but this khol should be worn next to the eye ball on the inside lid of the eye even with niqab that little khol inside the eyes is still visible It is a protection from the sun and medicinal too.
    good post but just to point out sis how can you say they werent wearing it outside too? is that specified somewhere? they may well have been, i've not read anything to indicate that they didnt? we shouldn't stuff on assumptions

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mazed View Post
    when it comes to stuff like this we should really refer to the scholars..
    yep and your scolar says henna is permissible in public , i knew that hadith is sahih otherwise i wouldnt have mentioned it, as its a sin to speak without knowledge.

Ordinary adornments like kohl, henna, or a ring are permissible to wear in public

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Nail varnish is gross! cant stand the stuff... never have!
    *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

good post but just to point out sis how can you say they werent wearing it outside too? is that specified somewhere? they may well have been, i've not read anything to indicate that they didnt? we shouldn't stuff on assumptions
    As i said i never assume anything i only speak with certainty about Islamic matters, otherwise i prefer to remain silent for fear of falling into sin. speaking about Islam without knowledge is a sin.

khol is mentioned as a medicinal product in the sahih hadith, and that in order for it to be medicinal it has to be against the eyeball. Thats the only way it is medicinal, khol doesnt do anything for your skin. its for the eyeballs.

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    Nail varnish is gross! cant stand the stuff... never have!
    Mainly it's not very practical.. what with prayers and stuff.. but if you wanna pamper yourself at times you can.. if could be cool do get your nails done

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

khol is mentioned as a medicinal product in the sahih hadith, and that in order for it to be medicinal it has to be against the eyeball. Thats the only way it is medicinal, khol doesnt do anything for your skin. its for the eyeballs.
    Yeh but I mean that doesn't rule out that it was also applied outside [that simply isnt referred to], you can do both.

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

use a nail buffer instead... does the same job... and makes you're nails feel so nice ...oops... did i say that out loud?

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Mainly it's not very practical.. what with prayers and stuff.. but if you wanna pamper yourself at times you can.. if could be cool do get your nails done
    Clearly im just too lazy I like french manicures... on other people! looolll! I just dont bother- cos youd have to keep removing it in order to make wudhu and pray. Practically it makes no sense.
    *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

yeh its a difference between subtle make up and very noticeable make up.
    i dnt see ne problem with subtle make up and hijab, its not for the purpose of attracting men bt like cw has explained sometimes it makes u feel bit better. for example ur in ur house, feeling a bit :| like u cnt really b bothered 2 go out, bt u have 2 go out n do something or go meet up with some ppl.. whatever.. sooo u go get ready, put some make up, get dressed 2 go and u mite feel bit more in the mood to go out
    (disclaimer: this doesnt mean i sit in my house looking like a tramp.. lol well only sometimes, erm actually like now :$)
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

use a nail buffer instead... does the same job... and makes you're nails feel so nice ...oops... did i say that out loud?
    *raises eyebrows* rriigghhtt and you know that how "bro"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

too much talk of make up

take it to the sisters forum

Wallaahu khayrul Makireen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Girls are so vain.
    “Take Aqeedah from the Salaf, learn Adab from the Tableeghi Jamaat, and brotherhood from the Ikhwaan"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

too much talk of make up

take it to the sisters forum
    better tell that to the bro who made the thread

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

LOL, seven is too funny

@Anna ..having said all this about make-up, today I had to go to an agency and get photos taken and I went out looking like a complete tramp ughh.. couldnae be bovvered. [dont worry I did iron my jilbab and the basics of course.. just no make-up and was half asleep]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

better tell that to the bro who made the thread
    lool..hey his was a genuine question..im sure he didnt expect it to turn into a whether nail polish is better than buffing them discussion

Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

LOL, seven is too funny

@Anna ..having said all this about make-up, today I had to go to an agency and get photos taken and I went out looking like a complete tramp ughh.. couldnae be bovvered. [dont worry I did iron my jilbab and the basics of course.. just no make-up and was half asleep]
    u might regret that if ur pictures come out looking real trampy n u hav 2 keep em on ur id my work id is like that
    u reminded me im supposed 2 go 2 an agency aswel.. i keep putting it off, my mum wil not b pleased!
    ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

lool..hey his was a genuine question..im sure he didnt expect it to turn into a whether nail polish is better than buffing them discussion
    Ibn sully..youre "blunder master" is very fitting

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

*raises eyebrows* rriigghhtt and you know that how "bro"?
    errrm... i was curious... just testing it... promise!

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

errrm... i was curious... just testing it... promise!
    i hope everyone has noted that you have publically admitted to using a nail buffer!
    (its good isnt it)??

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

It is isn't it? Thank you thank you.. it was my idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

seven

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

It is isn't it? Thank you thank you.. it was my idea
    You are indeed a very sharp cookieee! (with the number of blunders he has made... its more than fitting)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

I love how he's got the option "I dont know what to think." for brothers but not for sisters, LOL

In constant dhikr...... Kulthoom's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .: Anna :. View Post
    (disclaimer: this doesnt mean i sit in my house looking like a tramp.. lol well only sometimes, erm actually like now :$)
    lol Anna your soo loveable Mash'Allah!
    Knowledge and intelligence leads one who possesses it to do good acts and prevents him from evil.

Ignorance on the other hand, calls the one who is ignorant to conform to his desires, even if it is harmful to him.

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

buff your nails if you're feeling :|

~ahem~

where's my beard brush?

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

buff your nails if you're feeling :|

~ahem~

where's my beard brush?
    aahh youve been busted bro!

Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by muslimah85 View Post
    lol Anna your soo loveable Mash'Allah!
    lol thanks sis
    ~ Ibn Atallah