Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Only wanna live in peace! Kh@led's Avatar

Question Why tawaf around the kaaba ?

This question is asked by my 9 year old nephew today. The question is "Why do people do seven tawafs around the kaaba during hajj? What's the significance for doing that?"

Could someone please help me on this ?

Sweetness of Imaan(Faith) me.sawda's Avatar

Re: Why tawaf around the kaaba ?

They make dua (prayer) , seek forgiveness... while walking around the kabaa for 7 times. It's the way how Tawaf is done like there's no exact explanation of the rules of why we perform salat by some certain ways( prostrate and standing straight etc).
    As a kid asked the question on my opinion you can say its how we ask our wishes to be granted while performing tawaf and its the best way to show our devotion towards our almighty while being near at kabaa for asking dua's.
    ALLAh (swt) knows best.

''And the one who fears Allah, he makes for him a way out'' ](Quran65:2)

Not sure why I know the worshippers pre-Islam used to circle round the Ka'ba when it housed their various idols.
    You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Walaykumsalaam.

Hmmm, interesting question. We circumambulate the Kaba 7 times during Hajj as it is an order from Allah the Almighty.

Allah SWT instructed Ibrahim AS - Surah Hajj

Behold! We gave the site, to Abraham, of the (Sacred) House, (saying): "Associate not anything (in worship) with Me; and sanctify My House for those who compass it round, or stand up, or bow, or prostrate themselves (therein in prayer).

"And proclaim the Pilgrimage among men: they will come to thee on foot and (mounted) on every kind of camel, lean on account of journeys through deep and distant mountain highways;

"That they may witness the benefits (provided) for them, and celebrate the name of Allah, through the Days appointed, over the cattle which He has provided for them (for sacrifice): then eat ye thereof and feed the distressed ones in want.

"Then let them complete the rites prescribed for them, perform their vows, and (again) circumambulate the Ancient House."
    Last edited by sapphire_blue; 31-07-07 at 10:08 PM.