Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Icon13 Hmmm.....

Are you sure their Muslim?

When did Whacko Jacko take the Sahadah?

Outlandish have a Christian in their bad boy band.

Akon sings about women, crime, etc.

Nas drinks alcohol, smokes weed, does zinah, etc.

Ice Cube is basically the same as Nas.

MC Ren is the same as Ice Cube.

And so on and so on. *Rolls Eyes*

Re: Famous Muslim singers

oooh ooh can i pick the next topic...

famous muslim prostitutes
    And Allāh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun and his work, and save me from the people who are Zālimūn

There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول journey2jannah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Irhaab View Post

behave!
    The example of a believer is that of a fresh tender plant; from whatever direction the wind comes, it bends it, but when the wind becomes quiet, it becomes straight again. Similarly, a believer is afflicted with calamities (but he remains patient till Allah removes his difficulties.) And an impious wicked person is like a pine tree which keeps hard and straight till Allah cuts (breaks) it down when He wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Hurairah View Post

Stop it guys...maybe they are Muslim but by name. Only Allah (swt) knows!
    Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Re: Hmmm.....

[
    "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
    Friends of Al Aqsa

Post Indeed.....

Quote Originally Posted by perfectpearl View Post
    Stop it guys...maybe they are Muslim but by name. Only Allah (swt) knows!
    Naturally, their not exactly exemplary Muslim role models are they? But, our shabbab follow them instead of men of our Ummah today such as our Mujahideen and 'Ullema nor the leaders from our beautiful past such as our Rasul (saw) or Companions (ra).

akon isnt muslim, hes had muslim influences in his life and said he has a respect for the deen...this is what the kids at skool told me
    Sayyiduna Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) say, “If you relied on Allah as He should be relied on, He would provide for you as He provides for birds.
    They go out hungry in the early morning, and return full in the evening." [Tirmidhi]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

i dont even know half of these people! nevermind not being muslim, there not even famous!
    "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
    Friends of Al Aqsa

Re: Indeed.....

Naturally, their not exactly exemplary Muslim role models are they? But, our shabbab follow them instead of men of our Ummah today such as our Mujahideen and 'Ullema nor the leaders from our beautiful past such as our Rasul (saw) or Companions (ra).
    They are normal people like you and me that followed the wrong path. They might be Muslims, but non-practicing Muslims. And as for the role model part, the parents shouldn't even allow their kids to watch this. If they do then thats their fault. They have to face the consequences! The parents let their children so many things and then complain about how bad they have become! From the beginning they should have time for them and teach them stories about the Prophets and their companions so they wouldn't have to want to be like these singers! I wouldn't blame the "future messed up shabab" on the singers, I would blame it on their parents!
    Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

They are normal people like you and me that followed the wrong path. They might be Muslims, but non-practicing Muslims. And as for the role model part, the parents shouldn't even allow their kids to watch this. If they do then thats their fault. They have to face the consequences! The parents let their children so many things and then complain about how bad they have become! From the beginning they should have time for them and teach them stories about the Prophets and their companions so they wouldn't have to want to be like these singers! I wouldn't blame the "future messed up shabab" on the singers, I would blame it on their parents!
    the point was u shouldn't exactly be posting a list of 'muslim' singers like it was an achievement... just as u wouldnt post a list of 'muslim' prostitutes....
    And Allāh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun and his work, and save me from the people who are Zālimūn

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Eemaan View Post
    akon isnt muslim, hes had muslim influences in his life and said he has a respect for the deen...this is what the kids at skool told me
    I don't know:

Check out these Lyrics:

Akon Africa Lyrics
    yow
    In case u aint know I go by the name of akon and im from
    (afrika afrika) home of the gorder island im from senegal
    westside(afrika afrika) so im gonna share with you were i
    come from an how i was comin of(afrika afrika).

Verse 1
    So what you know about the strugles that my people went
    trough so you can live the way you live now
    Say what you know about seeing that brand new mother
    giving away her newborn child
    what u know about mr amadu ndiaij that the senegalis cops
    shot down
    say what u know about how people love to presive os when
    we are comin to a bran new town
    what u know about goder island were all the slaves were
    shiped from
    what u know about beeing born in america to aful the
    imigration

Still from the ghettos of senegal(afrika afrika)
    Comin from the ghettos of senegal(afrika afrika)
    comin from the ghettos of senegal (afrika afrika)
    comin from the ghettos of senegal(afrika afrika)

What you know about schebujcen yassa Schene and mafe my
    favorite foods
    Say what you know about niggas trowing rocks buseshats at
    the military invatin my hood
    So what you know about kids whit automatic machins waiting
    for the war to get on their side
    So what you know about how God/Allah comes first and
    everything that we do is for Allah
    So what you know about that holy place called Kabba were
    Prophets were born

and what you know about comin here gettin money investin it
    back home

Right from the ghettos of senegal(afrika afrika)
    Give it to the ghettos of senegal(afrika afrika)
    Take it to the ghettos of senegal (afrika afrika)
    send it right to the ghettos of senegal(afrika afrika)

See thats just a little piece of what we can do
    see but we can come togheter and make it lot better at home
    Lyrics > Akon Lyrics > Akon Africa Lyrics

the point was u shouldn't exactly be posting a list of 'muslim' singers like it was an achievement... just as u wouldnt post a list of 'muslim' prostitutes....
    Its not an achievement! May Allah give them hadyiah! Its still inetersting to know how much of them are Muslim by name!

Quite a few artists fall under the category of the deviants of the Nation of Islam..
    http://www.mujahideenryder.net/2006/...cial-religion/
    Last edited by 'Ayoosh; 14-04-07 at 07:20 PM.

2pac was muslim by name too
    His real name was Tupac Amaur Shakur
    Nature has determinism, man has destiny. The acceptance of this destiny is the supreme and final idea of Islam. - Alija Izetbegovic

Account Disabled

Famous? ... Cat Stevens ... end of ...

Post Well.....

Quote Originally Posted by (*_Shazan View Post
    I don't know:

Check out these Lyrics:

Akon Africa Lyrics
    Shaykh if you observe the lyrics of many rap/ pop stars even Tupac you will see they mention Allah (swt) or even the name of Rasul (saw) in their lyrics- some mention sallah and even Ramadhan (than in the same track/ album he's all swearing and call women 'b*tches and hoes', etc.) but this does not mean that their Muslim.
    I agree of course they have followed to wrong path- not like zinah, drugs, crime, etc. their involved in is from Islam.

As for where the blame lies than it lies on all parties- the parents for not raising them in accordance to the deen nor giving due care and attention, the children for not obeying their parents in good and not searching for the haqq themselves, and also these jahil pop stars/ actors for claiming to be Muslim yet being far from Islam than by doing so misleading the shabbab who follow and admire them seeing what 'sucessful' lives they lead with all the money, record deals, bling bling jewels, cash, etc. in the dunyah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdulah View Post
    So they say.
    Last edited by Fudhayl; 14-04-07 at 07:25 PM.

~Unworthy of Mercy~

Re: Well.....

wow u guys seem to know a lot about music tsk tsk
    Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

why Amr Diab is not in the list?

he deserve to be in this list more than ever before.....he changed his course....the Anti Obscenity Coalition removed his name from the black list after he took an oath never to let semi naked girls dance in his video clips
    My toughest fight was with my first wife.

Muhammad Ali Clay

Quote Originally Posted by Abdulah View Post
    the first two parts of his name are after a inca kind... the last part cus his mum was black panther... but im still... he wasnt muslim by name or anything else ...

+ his songs r not so...
    i was listening to one of his interviews and he said he was inspired by a strip club he and his mates went to to write the song (no surprises which one there)

Re: Well.....

Shaykh if you observe the lyrics of many rap/ pop stars even Tupac you will see they mention Allah (swt) or even the name of Rasul (saw) in their lyrics- some mention sallah and even Ramadhan (than in the same track/ album he's all swearing and call women 'b*tches and hoes', etc.) but this does not mean that their Muslim.

I agree of course they have followed to wrong path- not like zinah, drugs, crime, etc. their involved in is from Islam.

Agree, the point is which I didn’t make at the time, is because they have Muslim sounding names or mention Allah swt or something remotely Islamic, then why are Muslim fooled into listening to there poisonous flumes?

Post Na'am.....

Quote Originally Posted by (*_Shazan View Post
    Agree, the point is which I didn’t make at the time, is because they have Muslim sounding names or mention Allah swt or something remotely Islamic, then why are Muslim fooled into listening to there poisonous flumes?
    Na'am indeed my brother, indeed.

May Allah (swt) guide us to the straight path- Ameen.

That's what is written

Well, many Arab muslim singers do the same
    Allahu Akbar

once i read that his real name is Muhammad?
    Allahu Akbar

Quote Originally Posted by *Muhammad* View Post
    That's what is written

It doesnt mean its right does it?

Ps: dont be blaming it on the arabs

It doesnt mean its right does it? [/Quote]
    yep, it ain't right, but i was surprised
    Ps: dont be blaming it on the arabs
    maybe u lost my point, i meant if i will tell u that this guy is a muslim singer but you doubt it 'cause he sings about women etc that ain't logical 'cause many arab muslim do the same, there are many muslims who do not practice the religion
    Allahu Akbar

Post Well.....

Quote Originally Posted by *Muhammad* View Post
    That's what is written

Well in some cases it is clearly incorrect as their not Muslim, in the other they are sinful jahil but Muslim until they do something to come out of the fold of Islam.

And Arab/ Asian/ European, etc. so what? If they all do sins than their just as wrong as each other whether claiming to be Muslim or otherwise no matter their race.

Kamaa Tadeenu Tudaan Abu Mus'ab's Avatar

"Beware of the people of personal opinion (in Deeni matters), because the people of opinion are the enemy of the Sunnah, they were unable to safeguard the Ahaadeeth, so they speak (in matters of the Deen) with their opinion, so they go astray and they lead others astray."

Hadhrat `Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab Radhiallaahu `Anhu.

Forgive me if i appear harsh or tactless at time in my replies, I have a great amount of ghayrah for my deen, thus I am quickly angered when people mistreat it.

Sisters: Please, do not send me pm's or wall messages if it's not for a necessity like a translation or a ruling etc, Jazaakunnallaahu Khayr.

Kamaa Tadeenu Tudaan Abu Mus'ab's Avatar

"Beware of the people of personal opinion (in Deeni matters), because the people of opinion are the enemy of the Sunnah, they were unable to safeguard the Ahaadeeth, so they speak (in matters of the Deen) with their opinion, so they go astray and they lead others astray."

Hadhrat `Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab Radhiallaahu `Anhu.

Forgive me if i appear harsh or tactless at time in my replies, I have a great amount of ghayrah for my deen, thus I am quickly angered when people mistreat it.

Sisters: Please, do not send me pm's or wall messages if it's not for a necessity like a translation or a ruling etc, Jazaakunnallaahu Khayr.

Account Disabled

With those kind of 'Muslims' on the list, you might as well include Lounčs Matoub. *rolls eyes so much they fall out of head*

And I don't believe Nas ever claimed to be a Muslim. Have you ever heard his song 'Nature of the Threat'? It basically describes how white folk are a genetic abnormality who were chased out of Africa by blacks, the original humans, and how we whites are all gay and stuff like that..

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Nasser View Post
    why Amr Diab is not in the list?

he deserve to be in this list more than ever before.....he changed his course....the Anti Obscenity Coalition removed his name from the black list after he took an oath never to let semi naked girls dance in his video clips
    When was this al-nasser?

has he decided to clean up his image now?
    I am currently out of office at the moment -
    For Any urgent enquiries please contact helpdesk

Quote Originally Posted by Saadet View Post
    With those kind of 'Muslims' on the list, you might as well include Lounčs Matoub. *rolls eyes so much they fall out of head*

And I don't believe Nas ever claimed to be a Muslim. Have you ever heard his song 'Nature of the Threat'? It basically describes how white folk are a genetic abnormality who were chased out of Africa by blacks, the original humans, and how we whites are all gay and stuff like that..
    Yeah it annoys me in their lyrics when they rap stuff like ''even whites boys do'' and things like that
    Nature has determinism, man has destiny. The acceptance of this destiny is the supreme and final idea of Islam. - Alija Izetbegovic

Quote Originally Posted by sajid View Post
    When was this al-nasser?

has he decided to clean up his image now?
    yeah.....it started few months ago after the sudden death of his manager......and last month he met a Kuwaiti scholar...their chit chat was leaked to the press and it clearly prove that Amr Diab started to take the right turn...

Muhammad Ali Clay

edit
    Last edited by Al Qadr; 14-04-07 at 10:03 PM.
    Oh Allah,
    Make me want that which is beneficial for me...
    And make beneficial for me that which I want.

i c

is he still doing music stuff though?
    yeah.....it started few months ago after the sudden death of his manager......and last month he met a Kuwaiti scholar...their chit chat was leaked to the press and it clearly prove that Amr Diab started to take the right turn...
    I am currently out of office at the moment -
    For Any urgent enquiries please contact helpdesk

الحمد لله‎

let's hope he stays on the right course, inshaAllah and doesn't end up yo yo-ing like Hicham Abbas [remember his nari nari days and his asma-ul-husna -- or am i mistaken about his 'yo-yo' status...? ]
    "We have a a history to be proud of and a future to believe in.."

Daily quotes from the scholars of Islam

yes..

but sheikh Nabil Al-Awadi (the Kuwaiti scholar) say that it seems that Amr seriously consider quitting the Music business

step by step

Muhammad Ali Clay

الحمد لله‎

yes..

but sheikh Nabil Al-Awadi (the Kuwaiti scholar) say that it seems that Amr seriously consider quitting the Music business

step by step
    may Allah strenghten AD's Emaan - Aameen.
    "We have a a history to be proud of and a future to believe in.."

Daily quotes from the scholars of Islam

Quote Originally Posted by S@Z View Post
    let's hope he stays on the right course, inshaAllah and doesn't end up yo yo-ing like Hicham Abbas [remember his nari nari days and his asma-ul-husna -- or am i mistaken about his 'yo-yo' status...? ]
    hahahahah

it's not a yo yo status or anything.......they don't believe music is haram....so they sing love songs and religious songs......Amr Diab sung one of the most beautiful religious songs ever in his golden era of dirty video clips......Hesham Abbas's "Asma'a Allah Al-Husna" came out along with his most famous love songs too.........it's not like they were singing religious songs then turned to other genres......

Muhammad Ali Clay