Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

cover hair when readin quran??

do i have to cover my hair when readin the quraan by myself?
    i always have but sometimes when i just want to look up sumthing my hair is uncovered, is this wrong??
    muslim sister

Antidisestablismentarian Zaid the Great's Avatar

Re: cover hair when readin quran??

No

Inappropriate user title please change JiHaDiYa's Avatar

Its cutural covering your head when reading Qur'an, nothing to do with islam!!! And if some1 says its part of islam, then this becomes a bidah!
    THE TWO CAMPS

THE CAMP OF KUFR VS THE CAMP OF EMAAN

Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is oppressed.” The Prophet was asked: “It is right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?” He replied: “By preventing him from oppressing others.” [Bukhari]

but is a woman supposed to cover her awrah (think thats the right word?) when reading quran?
    like as in she wud cover her arms, legs so it includes hair too??

please correct me if im wrong
    muslim sister

Inappropriate user title please change JiHaDiYa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heaven2002 View Post
    but is a woman supposed to cover her awrah (think thats the right word?) when reading quran?
    like as in she wud cover her arms, legs so it includes hair too??

please correct me if im wrong
    ukhti....if you dnt mind me asking habipty, who is telling you all this?
    THE TWO CAMPS

THE CAMP OF KUFR VS THE CAMP OF EMAAN

Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is oppressed.” The Prophet was asked: “It is right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?” He replied: “By preventing him from oppressing others.” [Bukhari]

Quote Originally Posted by JiHaDiYa View Post
    ukhti....if you dnt mind me asking habipty, who is telling you all this?
    well the way ive been brought up
    like all other muslim around me, muslim women, cover hair when praying, like salat and reading quran
    u dont often see a muslim woman praying quran unless she has hair covered#
    i thought it might be something required as it shows respect to quran?
    muslim sister

Yeah I also would like to see a ruling about this if anyone knows of one?
    Cos I have been taught the same, its better to cover while reading quran? like as heaven said, from respect?
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.

“People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

theres nothing in the Quran or sahih sunnah that says a woman has to cover her awra to read the Quran, u can even recite it on your menses ...( not touching the book as i understand it though)
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Ive always been under the impression that when reciting Qu'ran youre head should be covered? hhmm

Quote Originally Posted by `asiya View Post
    theres nothing in the Quran or sahih sunnah that says a woman has to cover her awra to read the Quran, u can even recite it on your menses ...( not touching the book as i understand it though)
    i think there is dif opinion on that though? (menses) both of them wit valid reasonings

~ Ibn Atallah

Quote Originally Posted by .: Anna :. View Post
    i think there is dif opinion on that though? (menses) both of them wit valid reasonings
    u mean some say u can and some say u cant touch it at that time? if so then yes ur right i know of people who hold the other opinion ( thats why i said as i understand it
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

hmmm.....heaven you need to watch this. its great. pretty funny too

http://ummahfilms.blogspot.com/2006/...-season-2.html

u mean some say u can and some say u cant touch it at that time? if so then yes ur right i know of people who hold the other opinion ( thats why i said as i understand it

No, some are of the opinion that you can't read it/recite it as well as touch it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire_blue View Post
    No, some are of the opinion that you can't read it/recite it as well as touch it . . .
    yeah there is a whole spectrum

those who say u can touch and read
    can read without touching
    can neither read nor touch

the last opinion is quite a common view, and i also go with this view

~ Ibn Atallah

from what i know, youre not allowed to touch it but ur allowed to recite it.

As a Bro i always wear (islamic) hat when reading the Quran or in the Mosque

ah ok thanks masha Allah heres another thread for that ( dont want to hijack this one )
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...65#post1730865

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

This is a surprise to me...I've always known that you have to cover ur hair when reading the quran and if ur hair uncovers ur wudu will be effected?
    “A calamity that makes you turn to Allah, is better than a blessing which makes you forget the remembrance of Allah”

Quote Originally Posted by XRUHYX View Post
    if ur hair uncovers ur wudu will be effected?
    definately this is not correct because there is a list of certain criteria which breaks wudu and this is not part of that

~ Ibn Atallah

definately this is not correct because there is a list of certain criteria which breaks wudu and this is not part of that
    correct

Quote Originally Posted by XRUHYX View Post
    This is a surprise to me...I've always known that you have to cover ur hair when reading the quran and if ur hair uncovers ur wudu will be effected?
    uncovering ur hair doesnt break ur wudu

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

a bit off topic guys....but laughing out loud when your in salaah breaks your wudhu.

just to raise awareness

Quote Originally Posted by summer786 View Post
    a bit off topic guys....but laughing out loud when your in salaah breaks your wudhu.

just to raise awareness
    wat a random post...

Quote Originally Posted by summer786 View Post

just to raise awareness
    ( laughing whilst praying nullifies ur salat, it doesn break ur wudu )

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

xactly... i mis-read the post initially

For Hanafies, it breaks wudu as well . .

oh ok based on what daleel ukhti

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

oh ok based on what daleel ukhti

I have always been taught laughing out loud in salat breaks wudu and just checked askimam and someone has asked where the proof is and here was Mufti Desai's response.

1. Proof for this view of Imaam Abu Hanifa [ra] can be extensively found in many books of Hadith including Musannaf Abdur-Razzaak (vol.2 pg.376) and Majmauz-zawaaid (vol.1 pg.246). This Hadith in question relates the incident of a person with an eyesight impediment who fell into a waterbody in full view of the Sahaaba [radhiallaahu anhu] performed Salaat in Jamaat with Nabi [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] as their Imaam. This solicited laughter from certain quarters of the Jamaat. Upon termination of the Salaat, Nabi [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] commanded that those who had laughed aloud in Salaat should repeat their Wudhu and Salaat. (Badaaie vol.1 pg.138; Darul Kitaab)

Last edited by sapphire_blue; 18-03-07 at 11:57 PM.

so i dont have to cover my hair whilst readin quraan??
    muslim sister

at least not according to Quran & Sunnah.
    Ibn Sirin said, "This knowledge (i.e. Hadith) is the Religion, so be careful from whom you take your religion."

yes, you do, if you recite Quran in front of non-muhrim.
    Ibn Sirin said, "This knowledge (i.e. Hadith) is the Religion, so be careful from whom you take your religion."

'mali wa mali Dunya' uhkt_al'muminun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nopah View Post
    you have to cover in front of non mehrim regardless if a muslimah is reciting quran or not
    Allaahumma A'izza al-Islaam wa A'izza al-Muslimeen

Quote Originally Posted by uhkt_al'muminun View Post
    you have to cover in front of non mehrim regardless if a muslimah is reciting quran or not
    Exactly....... I was just going along with this silly thread.

why would you be sitting and reciting in front of a non-muhram?
    “The real prisoner is someone whose heart is imprisoned from his Lord; the true captive is someone captured by his passions.” (Ibn Taymiyyah)
    www.cageprisoners.com
    www.hhugs.org.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Nazias View Post
    why would you be sitting and reciting in front of a non-muhram?
    we ussually have gatherings for Quranic study, etc again I would blame this settings as not to conform to the standard.

we ussually have gatherings for Quranic study, etc again I would blame this settings as not to conform to the standard.
    where brothers and sisters are all reading/reciting Quan together?
    “The real prisoner is someone whose heart is imprisoned from his Lord; the true captive is someone captured by his passions.” (Ibn Taymiyyah)
    www.cageprisoners.com
    www.hhugs.org.uk

sisters are not supposed 2 read with tajweed infront of non mahram brothers bc it sounds beautiful.... so they refrain from it...
    :S

~ Ibn Atallah

sisters are not supposed 2 read with tajweed infront of non mahram brothers bc it sounds beautiful.... so they refrain from it...
    :S
    they don't refrain from tajweed. you probably mean they not allowed to read loudly. the definition of tajweed is giving every letter it's haq (dont know how to translate this word). tajwedd doesn't mean reading the Quran with a 'tune'. just to clarify.

okay, yeah i know what tajweed means bt mayb the wrong choice of word...ill try 2 explain how i mean, say if we were in a class and we needed 2 read an ayah from quran then we would just read it in a "normal" way like how u read from any text, without the elongations or these factors which u normally apply wen ur reciting. :S

~ Ibn Atallah

Paradise or Hell.Choose.

Lightbulb Re: cover hair when readin quran??

Asalaamu alaikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh my sister,

JazakiAllahkhair for asking a very important question, this aspect is where we see culture mix with Islam, and it is very important, when doing acts of worship, we draw the line inshaAllah.

So no we are not supposed to cover our heads when reciting Quran. As no authentic evidence exists to back this up.

However when a woman leaves her house or is in front of men whom she is not directly related to(non mahram) she must by covered at all times, as Allah Tells us in the Quran.

(any other questions, pm me inshaAllah)

JazakiAlkahkhair.

A Polite request to everyone else posting, please stick to answering the question as the questioner may get confused.

Wasalaamu alaikum warahmatulah.