Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Note: All classes with the exception of the Mustalahul Hadeeth and the Tafseer Class will stop until after Eid Al-Adh'haa, and will resume on Monday 6th October 2014.

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Caliph

Dua of salatul Hajat

The dua which read in salatul hajat:

La ilaha illa Allahu-Haleemu lkareem. Subhana Allahi rabi el-`arshil `azeem. Al-Hamdulilahi rabbi il-`Alameen. As'aluka mujibati rahmatika, wa `aza'ima maghfiratika, wal-`ismata min kuli dhanb, wal ghaneemata min kuli birr, was-salamata min kuli ithm. La tada` li dhanban illa ghafartahu, wala hamman illa farajtahu, wala hajatan hiya laka ridan illa qadaytaha ya arhama ar-rahimeen.

(There is no god but Allah, the Ever-Clement, the Most Generous. I celebrate the Glory of Allah, the Lord of the Magnificent Throne. All praise and thanks are due to Allah, Lord of the worlds. I beseech you, seeking that which will draw me closer to Your mercy, and that which will make certain for me Your Forgiveness. O Allah, grant me protection against any sin, and a share of every virtue. Do not leave me a sin without forgiving it, a worry without relieving me of it, or a need that meets with Your pleasure without providing for it, O Most Merciful Lord.)
    can this dua be prayed during any of the 5 obligatory prayers or its sunnahs, or is it only meant to be prayed while you have made an intention to pray 2 rakat salatul hajat?

also can salatul hajat be prayed in a mosque straight after one of the 5 obligatory prayers for example, after praying 4 rakat fardh and 2 rakat sunnah of zuhr prayer?....
    Please Re-update your Signature

Account Disabled

Re: Dua of salatul Hajat

"Salaatul-Hajah" and "Salat Hifzul-Qur’an" are not lawful

Question:

I have heard about Salatul-Hajah (The prayer of need) and Salat Hifzul Qur’an (The prayer of Qur’an memorization) - are these prayers or not?

Answer:

They are both incorrect; neither Salatul-Hajah nor Salat Hifzul-Qur’an are correct, because it is not possible to confirm such acts of worship except by some legal evidence and there is no legal evidence by which to make them lawful.

Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-`Uthaymeen
    Fataawa Islamiyyah, DARUSSALAM, vol.2 p.314

http://www.fatwaislam.com/fis/index.cfm?scn=fd&ID=780
    Last edited by Umm 'Umarah; 16-03-07 at 11:13 PM.

Caliph

but that dua is nice, if you read the translation of it, so i was thinking it could be used as any other dua?
    Please Re-update your Signature

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by jaffacake2000 View Post
    but that dua is nice, if you read the translation of it, so i was thinking it could be used as any other dua?
    you could use it as a normal supplication along with others I guess. Allahu'Alam.

Lightbulb Re: Dua of salatul Hajat

Quote Originally Posted by jaffacake2000 View Post
    The dua which read in salatul hajat:
    can this dua be prayed during any of the 5 obligatory prayers or its sunnahs, or is it only meant to be prayed while you have made an intention to pray 2 rakat salatul hajat?

also can salatul hajat be prayed in a mosque straight after one of the 5 obligatory prayers for example, after praying 4 rakat fardh and 2 rakat sunnah of zuhr prayer?....
    I used to recite the above DUA in my daily prayers + after Tahajjad prayers. I used to ASK this DUA before i am gng for exams in my childhood days. Thats one of the DUA which was recited by Late Hazrath Jee (Karachi or Delhi Markas - the NOBLE Imam who sacrified his entire life for the DEENI/DAWAH works) in his DUAs as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Umarah View Post
    "Salaatul-Hajah" and "Salat Hifzul-Qur’an" are not lawful

Question:

I have heard about Salatul-Hajah (The prayer of need) and Salat Hifzul Qur’an (The prayer of Qur’an memorization) - are these prayers or not?

Answer:

They are both incorrect; neither Salatul-Hajah nor Salat Hifzul-Qur’an are correct, because it is not possible to confirm such acts of worship except by some legal evidence and there is no legal evidence by which to make them lawful.

Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-`Uthaymeen
    Fataawa Islamiyyah, DARUSSALAM, vol.2 p.314

http://www.fatwaislam.com/fis/index.cfm?scn=fd&ID=780
    I think this fatwa is off... there are hadith about salatul-hajja with slight weakness but it is still allowed for good deeds by general agreement of scholars. See http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?id=1117

Namaaz Qazae Hajaat with Duaa Salaat Salat dua.

nutration of french toast