Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

::eek:: Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for open interfaith dialogue

JEDDAH: Eminent scholar of comparative religion Dr. Zakir Naik has invited Pope Benedict XVI for an open inter-faith dialogue.

The Pope`s recent statement, which included a quote from a 14th century Byzantine emperor, sparked outrage in the Muslim world. In his latest efforts to calm down the Muslim anger the Pope invited diplomats from 20 Islamic countries at his summer residence in south of Rome.

This extraordinary gathering was seen as the latest effort by Benedict XVI to quell the furor stirred two weeks ago by controversial remarks he made about Islam. He is attempting to channel the emotion into what he calls an authentic and respectful dialogue.

Dr. Naik sees the Pope`s statement on Islam as pre-planned. "He (the Pope) knew very well what he was speaking at University of Regensburg in Germany on September 12," he said.

"The Pope`s apology to the Muslims was at all not an apology rather it was putting salt on the wounds," said Dr. Naik, adding that the Pope should have explicitly apologized and retracted his statement.
    Benedict XVI seems to be toeing the same line of neo-con as that of President George Bush, he said. Dr. Naik said if the Pope wants to initiate an authentic dialogue then he is more than willing to participate in such an inter-faith debate.

"I am more than willing to participate in the inter-faith dialogue with Pope Benedict XVI. I am ready on any topic he (the Pope) wishes as long as it focuses on Quran and the Bible," Dr. Naik said. He said he can go to Rome or Vatican to meet the Pope.

"I can go to Rome and to Vatican on my own expense if an Italian visa is arranged for me," he told ONLINE after delivering his lecture on "20 most common questions about misconceptions of Islam," organized by Sri Lankan Embassy in Riyadh, attended by a number of ambassadors, diplomatic staff and members of the Sri Lankan community.

Dr. Naik during the past three years has delivered over 600 lectures in the US and Canada. "I am absolutely ready for an open and public debate with the pope under live international TV coverage," he said.
    Let the 1.3 billion Muslims and 2 billion Christians around the world listen to the debate based on equal slot of time allotted to both sides, he said. "It is not only a debate but also a question and answer session allowing the people to ask queries," he said. He said he is not in favor of closed-door meeting with the Pope, as was suggested by his predecessor Pope John Paul II, when South African-based Islamic scholar Ahmed Deedat invited him for open dialogue, he said.

"Pope John Paul told Shaikh Deedat to come to his cabin for a debate," he said and added why does the inter-faith dialogue be held behind closed doors? Dr. Naik said the best way to counter the onslaught on Islam is that the Muslims should have their own media.

"Unfortunately, most of the international media is controlled by the Western (lobby). Unless you (Muslims) have your own media they (Westernerns) can very conveniently convert black into white, day into night, a hero into a villain and a villain into a hero," he said.

Dr. Naik, who has launched his own religious satellite channel called Peace TV, said Muslims do have their own media but what he meant by international media is similar to the Time and Newsweek and TV channels such as the BBC and CNN, when Muslims can project their views and convey the message in right perspective.

"I have a future plan to launch a news channel," he said. He said there are at least 100 Muslims that he knew, who can take such an initiative and launch at least 10 satellite channels.
    People should not wait for Muslims organizations such as IIRA or OIC to take steps in this direction, he said.

"Any individual businessman can take the initiative if Muslim bodies such as OIC or IIRA are not coming forward in this direction," he said.
    Dr. Naik has also endorsed former Malaysian prime minister Mahathir Muhamamd`s views that the Muslims should stop to operate US dollar-denominated bank accounts. "I have been preaching (that) Muslims should stop dealing in dollar," he said. He also called on the Muslim world to launch an Islamic currency to counter dealing in dollar.

Muslim countries should not peg their currencies to the dollar. "By that time the individuals and businessmen should stop dealing in dollar," he said. He said he has been mobilizing the people wherever he goes asking them not to keep dollar accounts or even the currency.

The moment you exchange dollars you simply convert that amount with any currency such as riyal, dirham, dinar or be it yen or euro "but not to keep in dollar-denomination account," he said.

http://www.paktribune.com/news/index.shtml?155694
    Saying of Mohammed (pbuh)
    "Reviling a Muslim is disobedience to Allah, & fighting with him is infidelity".

Passion Of Christ (Eesa A.S) <--- check it out

Re: Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for open interfaith dialogue

woah! bring it on

Resident Optometrist $HugoBoss$'s Avatar

The pope doesn't stand a chance against Dr.Zakir Naik.
    Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

LOL, I would like to see this . (If it happens)

Dr. Zakir Naik is as likely to actually have a debate with the biggest misleader in the world, as uncle saddam did with having a debate with bush. both men challenged these "leaders" who put up these accusations, but when push comes to shove....they chicken out.
    There's nothing natural about natural disasters. Think about it...

This would be very interesting,

But we know the Pope being the deceiver that he is will naturally back down

~Unworthy of Mercy~

this is old news, Zakir Naik made this invitation last year after the pope's comments, i dont think the pope responded
    Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

* Everyone is a Muhajir * Muhajir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MMS View Post
    this is old news, Zakir Naik made this invitation last year after the pope's comments, i dont think the pope responded
    why, is he scared of the Dr Naik ?

Account Disabled

This is old news .... we all know the Pope dosen't know anythng about his religion and how its a rip off offa mithraism and sun god worship. Now a REAL debate would've been Shaykh Ahmed Deedat(rh) and Pope John Paul II

I thought Ali Sina from Faith Freedom challenged Dr. Naik?
    "If God's Word is a creation, then by what Word did he create it?"

front row seats for me!
    “The real prisoner is someone whose heart is imprisoned from his Lord; the true captive is someone captured by his passions.” (Ibn Taymiyyah)
    www.cageprisoners.com
    www.hhugs.org.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Mahajir View Post
    why, is he scared of the Dr Naik ?
    Is this guy important enough for the Pope to care?

I'm not being facetious, I just think its unlikely a world religious leader has the time or the inclination for this kind of debate.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    I thought Ali Sina from Faith Freedom challenged Dr. Naik?
    He says that he dosen't do written debates .....

One wonders why he doesn't do written debates. Is he afraid he'll lose?

Trust me. I'm a ________ Lambo5688's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunchaser View Post

I'm not being facetious, I just think its unlikely a world religious leader has the time or the inclination for this kind of debate.
    Pope's scared. Admit it. Your holy leader who sits in a building all day and then waves his hand out a window is SCARED.

Quote Originally Posted by pixi View Post
    ....hmm....maybe because words are more effective. And anyway, what he says he can write. So "not doing written debates" is just stupid. I bet your pope cant even write because all he knows is waving. LAFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambo5688 View Post
    Pope's scared. Admit it. Your holy leader who sits in a building all day and then waves his hand out a window is SCARED.
    I'm not Catholic. But I wouldn't expect the Pope to answer a challenge from every Thomas, Richard*, or Harold who pops up. The guy runs a huge organization for a billion Catholics and deals with world leaders everyday.

*You guys might want to tone down your word filter a bit! I can't believe I had to rewrite the short form of Richard!
    Last edited by Sunchaser; 13-02-07 at 07:06 AM.

meer
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by Sunchaser View Post

bro! this is not the question, Imprtant or not important that's another thing. well pope is very famous & important person for cristan's. & he suppose to have good knowledge about there religion and customs, then any other common people. so if some one is asking him to discuss about there religion.he must accept his invitation,& he should clear the things if he known anything with strong base about there religion. if he not he can just say I dont known about this thing, or he is just baseless about so & so.or may be he is fearing about the media if he fail to clear the thing media will make him uncover about his baseless life.
    which is nothing but just playing or showing you all wrong way.

He is inspired by holy ghost all the times except at the time of debate
    By the Time! Man is surely in loss, except those who believed and did good works, and exhorted one another to Truth, and exhorted one another to patience.

Masha Allah! That's the way to go, Bro! I am absolutely delighted. I sincerely hope the Pope accepts the invitation and agrees to a public debate.
    This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. 5:3

Who is Ali Sina does he or she really exists?

Quote Originally Posted by Lambo5688 View Post

....hmm....maybe because words are more effective. And anyway, what he says he can write. So "not doing written debates" is just stupid. I bet your pope cant even write because all he knows is waving. LAFF.
    My Pope? My holy leader? Er--I'm not Catholic.

Again, why do you think Naik won't do written debates? Is it because they could be judged objectively?

My Pope? My holy leader? Er--I'm not Catholic.

Again, why do you think Naik won't do written debates? Is it because they could be judged objectively?
    probably the same reason why ali sina never wanted to do a live video broadcast debate. The last debate (and only) debate i remember ali sina did was with some muslim over palTalk and radio telecast, and he got creamed from what I heard.

Personally I stopped watching these inter-religious debates of naik and deedat, no disrespect to them. they are wonderful people, but I like their lectures over their debates. besides, every debate i've seen between a muslim and non-muslim exemplified one thing: that the muslim knew his book (al quran) AND the book of the opponent, while the non-muslim hardly knew the quran but opted to "refute" the little bits he misquoted, and let alone knew his own book.
    There's nothing natural about natural disasters. Think about it...

Here is Dr Naik's refusal letter to Ali Sina's challenge to a debate.

Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 12:36:40 +0530
    To: "MUNIR QASIM" <mmunir_qasim@yahoo.com>
    Subject: Re:

Dear Brother Munir Qasim,

As-Salaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu.

I pray to Allah (swt) for your health, happiness and vigour in Islamic spirits. Aameen.

Jazakallah and thanks for your email dated 10th December 2004. We are hearing about Ali Sina for the first time. There are several such Non-Muslims who would love to debate Dr. Zakir Naik for gaining popularity.

Dr. Zakir Naik prefers a public debate rather than a debate on email which can continue for months and years together for which Dr. Zakir Naik has no time.

Dr. Zakir Naik would not mind debating Non-Muslims as long as he has a standing in the society and has a large following. If any Non-Muslim who can attract atleast ten thousand audience for his individual public talk Dr. Zakir Naik would not mind debating him. Other wise the person is not worth wasting time and neither would we like to make him popular.

Please let me know whether this Mr. Ali Sina has a large following and is worth debating. If he cannot attract ten thousand audience on his own let him give his so called research on Islam to any Non-Muslim religious speaker who can attract ten thousand or more audience and Dr. Zakir Naik would love to debate such a person.

Mr. Ali Sina is welcome to pose this challenge on his website.

May Allah (swt) shower His Choicest Blessings on the entire Muslim Ummah and help us in our mission of bearing witness to the truth of Islam before all mankind. Aameen

With warm regards and salaams from all of us at IRF. Jazakallahu Khairan was Salaam,

Yours in the Service of Islam,

MAQBOOL BARWELKAR

Public Relation Manager
    Apparently Ali Sina isn't important enough for a debate with Dr. Naik.

http://www.hearthijab.com Phoenix CG's Avatar

w0o0o guess who's going to be meeting Dr Zakir Naik for a meeting

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix CG View Post
    w0o0o guess who's going to be meeting Dr Zakir Naik for a meeting
    Lemme take a wild irrational and un-obvious guess, you?

http://www.hearthijab.com Phoenix CG's Avatar

yeap inshaallah ...should be interesting.

luky u !!!! mashAllah

Ali sina is for real he had a email "debate" wid my sis who told him straight she no scholar but shut him up wid a few verses fo the qur'an
    *Alhamdulillah*

Quote Originally Posted by alld View Post
    looooool

no comment
    " Whoever abandones jihad in order to be safe from fitnah, then he has already fallen into fitnah that is a result of doubts in his heart, sickness of his mind and his abandoning jihad that Allah ordered him!" Ibn Taymeeyah r/a

Quote Originally Posted by alld View Post
    lol that was funny!

anyway, Zakir Naik has a super-memory, he'd be able to run rings around benedict the 16th, but I don't see benedict engaging in a debate like that since too much is at stake. If he was trounced, imagine the repercussions on christianity! Plus the pop usualy deals with world leaders, not researchers/debators like Br. Naik.