Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Please, give me references that prohibits a person to keep legs towards Qibla.

Please, give me references that prohibits a person to keep legs towards Qibla. You have not given references i have to convince people who used to straighten their legs towards Allah(Qibla) in the most and ask for references. Jazak-Allah Aslam

Allah Ta'ala states in the noble Qur'aan, 'Whosoever respects Allah's signs,
    that is the piety of the hearts.' (Quraan 22:32)

The Qiblah too is from amongst the signs of Allah Ta'ala. Respect is a
    relative conduct which depends on the environment. In our environment,
    stretching one's legs towards the Qiblah is a sign of disrespect.

The above excludes stretching one's legs due to a valid excuse.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
    FATWA DEPT.
    Please Re-update your Signature

i have heard that pointing ones feet toward the qibla is wrong, but i have yet to see any dalil whatsoever also

from what i've heard from a shaykh...

in many cultures, stretching your legs towards an elderly/poius person or a shaykh is a sign of disrespect. in the same way stretching your legs towards the qibla is also a sign of disrespect.

however, in some cultures stretching your legs towards someone or the qibla is not deemed as disrespectful at all; in one particular culture a guy stretching his legs toward a woman means he intends to marry her!

so in short, the shaykh said if in your culture it is disrespectful to stretch your legs toward the qibla then one should refrain from it, but if it is not seen as disrespectful then there's no harm in it.

(i heard this from a shaykh giving dars in the haram in makkah... mufti farooq makki his name in.. i think)
    Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

No daleel.

The sma people who argue this diesrespect (to me) forbid me to pray on a rug that is "upside down", especially when the rug has a picture of the "kaba" on it. This dispite of my esplanation that Muslims neither worship pictures or physical objects (such as the kaba", and I am merely emphasizing "la ilaha illa Allah" when I do that.

Jamila

JazakAllah hu khair akhi Seven and Ukht Jamila

Allah Ta'ala knows best.
    Personally I agree that it is more respectful, as is being dressed properly whilst reading the Quran. It is not about worshipping the kaba or Quran astaghfirullah! It is respecting something that is more dear to us than our own parents, whom of course we show upmost respect, inshaa Allah.
    Maybe there is no daleel specifically, but I do not think it is bidah to simply refrain from pointing the soles of our feet towards the air space directly beneath Allah Ta'ala's throne, if our intention is out of respect. The danger is when we say it is a command when we cannot find the daleel to back it up.
    Regarding the prayer rug, that is a funny one!! Though I prefer myself to read on a plain rug which personally aids my concentration, I wouldn't suggest you turn yours over if it does you no harm!

Rukaya

a non muslim once saw my sister praying on a prayer mat with the ka'ba on it and the non muslim made a comment to the person she was with... "she's praying to that shrine" so my sister stopped praying on those mats.

personally i think prayer mats should be plain as it does help with concentration... plus they're a lot cheaper! my masjid are getting new prayer mat type carpet fitted in... 35,000!!! that's crazy!!
    Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.