Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Tell us your story :)

I'm sure there are many people who will be allowed to look into this section, some looking into Islam, many ready to talk Shahada someday inshallah, and before I reverted I always wondered what happens during the Shahada, so to help them feel less worried I'm sure that many of us can write our stories to what happened on the day when you took yours, how did you feel etc

I'll copy and paste mine from the members section in a moment (when I find it hehe) inshallah
    A small Du'a can make a big difference
    Make Dua for your brothers and sisters, wouldn't you want good things to happen to them as much as good things happening to you?

http://onlybeautyinislam.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Re: Tell us your story :)

Hello, I converted to Islam last Oct, 2015, I'm still new to this...My Parents still don't know my conversion yet, but I want to tell someone my story.

I'm fifteen as I posted this. I was born a Roman Catholic, in a really religious family who hate Islam and family who just lets Muslims do what they do, So for many Year I believe in Jesus (pbuh) believing he is the God the Son, I moved here to the Philippines, I became an atheist for I saw no point in Religion, so I dropped my Christianity (Catholicism) and mainly avoided church, I moved to Cebu (Also in the Philippines) and I felt a great depression, And then I came upon Satanism, (Yes, I was a Catholic, an Atheist than a Satanist), Our motto was Do not worship the God of the Qu'ran and the Bible, So for a year I avoided all Christian and Islamic scripture, we learned that Satan was a God and Aliens existed and I practiced somewhat their rituals and Bisexuality things. One night a High priest told me "to become full pledged satanist, sell your soul", and so I did what he told me too, There was a black out, I had a candle, a paper and pen and a needle, What was really strange out of the corner of my eye I kept seeing this light being, that scarred me a ton, on this night in particular I kept seeing this light in corner of my eye, I wrote a letter that would make me a Satanists, but I hesitated and after maybe 10 min. of thinking, I through the candle away, and rinse the paper until it went into the drain, I became a Christian (again), but I was more orthodox, I felt empty in my prayers and reading the Bible, I prayed too Jesus too much and the Father, and Mary even I kept feeling empty. So one Night I prayed to the Father to show me the right path, and the next day, the first thing that came into mine was Qu'ran and Read the Bible, So I read, for months I excepted Allah and Mohammad but still revered as Jesus as my God, but multiple verses in Bible got me confused such as in Matthew, Luke, and John, such questions as: Jesus said all the laws will be kept until the Great day which is found in Matthew, which refers to the old testament, Jesus even said not to eat things unclean and yet Christians eat pork, Jesus said continuously Praise the God in Heaven who created the heaven and earth, not statues, Idols, anything on earth, the sky and seas which he referenced to his apostles from the Old testament and Luke, that made me think, why do "we" Christians worship Jesus on the Cross, pray to Saints, to Mary, and the Pope to prayers, why do we think that praying to Angels and these things, why do we think they relay our messages to God, if we wanted something from God we just ask him, not to Saints and Angels, no need to touch a statue than do the sign of the Cross. Than next was Mary, why do we worship her? The Bible does not say to worship Her, it does not say she ascended into heaven, no rosary exists, Than next was Why worship Jesus when Jesus never said to worship him? The bible is a compilations of sayings of people who were not there, but only some were written down. Why would we need to sacrifice one man for sins, if that's true that means we are free to go, and sin whatever we like..Why would God kill is so called "son?" If I was a father I would not tell my son to kill himself to be forgiven, for their will be no point. The bible does not speak of Purgatory, that was a concept made by the fictional tale by Dante. I kept reading than I download a Quran into my Phone, took me a long time to do that. I was confused I kept reading and comparing for the Qu'ran says to compare so I did, some were the same and some were different, then I went into Surah Maryam that said that Jesus is just a Prophet of God not God, Ezra is not the Son, and Mary is not to be worshiped (I skipped surahs because I was curious), Than it made sense to me, God would show weakness if he had a son, if he had a son, that means that son would take his place, God is not a man, he does need a Son, than why would Mary be the Mother of God? Mary would be the Mother of God, than God would have a father, but Is The Gather and Son are one, that means she is the mother of Both so who's the father? So I started to accept Muhammd and started prostrating in my prayers and after 6 months I converted, before I did, I told my mother I read the Quran, She was shocked...This is my Story

I do know that Islam is the Religion of God, the True Religion, when I was a Satanist I learned that Christianity is Strong but corrupted over time, but powerful enough to Dispel demons, I learned the Islam is perfect and stronger than Christianity. As an Atheist and Christian I learnt how it feels to be empty. as Soon as I entered Islam, I felt complete.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Hello everyone,

My story is quite simple......over the last few months I've been doing some soul searching, reading, and have been trying to find my place in life. As I have watched and learned more about what is happening throughout the world, I have found myself drawn to the teachings of Islam, and am curious to learn more. I found my way to this forum, and from what I've seen so far, there is so much for me to learn.

Thanks

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3275 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Melvzy View Post
    Hello, I converted to Islam last Oct, 2015, I'm still new to this...My Parents still don't know my conversion yet, but I want to tell someone my story.

I'm fifteen as I posted this. I was born a Roman Catholic, in a really religious family who hate Islam and family who just lets Muslims do what they do, So for many Year I believe in Jesus (pbuh) believing he is the God the Son, I moved here to the Philippines, I became an atheist for I saw no point in Religion, so I dropped my Christianity (Catholicism) and mainly avoided church, I moved to Cebu (Also in the Philippines) and I felt a great depression, And then I came upon Satanism, (Yes, I was a Catholic, an Atheist than a Satanist), Our motto was Do not worship the God of the Qu'ran and the Bible, So for a year I avoided all Christian and Islamic scripture, we learned that Satan was a God and Aliens existed and I practiced somewhat their rituals and Bisexuality things. One night a High priest told me "to become full pledged satanist, sell your soul", and so I did what he told me too, There was a black out, I had a candle, a paper and pen and a needle, What was really strange out of the corner of my eye I kept seeing this light being, that scarred me a ton, on this night in particular I kept seeing this light in corner of my eye, I wrote a letter that would make me a Satanists, but I hesitated and after maybe 10 min. of thinking, I through the candle away, and rinse the paper until it went into the drain, I became a Christian (again), but I was more orthodox, I felt empty in my prayers and reading the Bible, I prayed too Jesus too much and the Father, and Mary even I kept feeling empty. So one Night I prayed to the Father to show me the right path, and the next day, the first thing that came into mine was Qu'ran and Read the Bible, So I read, for months I excepted Allah and Mohammad but still revered as Jesus as my God, but multiple verses in Bible got me confused such as in Matthew, Luke, and John, such questions as: Jesus said all the laws will be kept until the Great day which is found in Matthew, which refers to the old testament, Jesus even said not to eat things unclean and yet Christians eat pork, Jesus said continuously Praise the God in Heaven who created the heaven and earth, not statues, Idols, anything on earth, the sky and seas which he referenced to his apostles from the Old testament and Luke, that made me think, why do "we" Christians worship Jesus on the Cross, pray to Saints, to Mary, and the Pope to prayers, why do we think that praying to Angels and these things, why do we think they relay our messages to God, if we wanted something from God we just ask him, not to Saints and Angels, no need to touch a statue than do the sign of the Cross. Than next was Mary, why do we worship her? The Bible does not say to worship Her, it does not say she ascended into heaven, no rosary exists, Than next was Why worship Jesus when Jesus never said to worship him? The bible is a compilations of sayings of people who were not there, but only some were written down. Why would we need to sacrifice one man for sins, if that's true that means we are free to go, and sin whatever we like..Why would God kill is so called "son?" If I was a father I would not tell my son to kill himself to be forgiven, for their will be no point. The bible does not speak of Purgatory, that was a concept made by the fictional tale by Dante. I kept reading than I download a Quran into my Phone, took me a long time to do that. I was confused I kept reading and comparing for the Qu'ran says to compare so I did, some were the same and some were different, then I went into Surah Maryam that said that Jesus is just a Prophet of God not God, Ezra is not the Son, and Mary is not to be worshiped (I skipped surahs because I was curious), Than it made sense to me, God would show weakness if he had a son, if he had a son, that means that son would take his place, God is not a man, he does need a Son, than why would Mary be the Mother of God? Mary would be the Mother of God, than God would have a father, but Is The Gather and Son are one, that means she is the mother of Both so who's the father? So I started to accept Muhammd and started prostrating in my prayers and after 6 months I converted, before I did, I told my mother I read the Quran, She was shocked...This is my Story

I do know that Islam is the Religion of God, the True Religion, when I was a Satanist I learned that Christianity is Strong but corrupted over time, but powerful enough to Dispel demons, I learned the Islam is perfect and stronger than Christianity. As an Atheist and Christian I learnt how it feels to be empty. as Soon as I entered Islam, I felt complete.
    MashAllah, very happy for you little brother

where you from bro?
    Please Please Please Make Dua for these Click Here JazakAllahi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Philippines

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

Barakallahu fikum and welcome for all my new brothers and sisters. As a born Muslim I've always adore by someone who really struggling and in the brave willingness for seeking the truth.

May Allah ease everything for us inshaallah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I was born a Roman Catholic but that never really felt right to me. Even as a child I didn't enjoy practicing that faith, in my early teens i decided i didn't want to believe at all in god. Only when i was sad, sick or really needed help and comfort would i still pray. which seems contradictory It took me a long time but now at 20 i felt like something was missing in my life. So i decided to start exploring other religions to see what would fit me. I tried Hinduism for a bit but that was way too confusing, and i felt it was hard to pray when you have so many deities. I wanted a religion with only one god to focus on. And that eventually led me to Islam Mashalla I said my shahada at home a few months ago bought a qur'an and never looked back. I want to officially say it at my local masjid but i'm a little intimidated inshalla i will get the courage to do so soon. I'm so glad I found this forum as I feel it will really help me to connect with other converts and learn more about my new faith.

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3609 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samara95 View Post
    I was born a Roman Catholic but that never really felt right to me. Even as a child I didn't enjoy practicing that faith, in my early teens i decided i didn't want to believe at all in god. Only when i was sad, sick or really needed help and comfort would i still pray. which seems contradictory It took me a long time but now at 20 i felt like something was missing in my life. So i decided to start exploring other religions to see what would fit me. I tried Hinduism for a bit but that was way too confusing, and i felt it was hard to pray when you have so many deities. I wanted a religion with only one god to focus on. And that eventually led me to Islam Mashalla I said my shahada at home a few months ago bought a qur'an and never looked back. I want to officially say it at my local masjid but i'm a little intimidated inshalla i will get the courage to do so soon. I'm so glad I found this forum as I feel it will really help me to connect with other converts and learn more about my new faith.
    Welcome to islam. Jazak Allahkhair for sharing your story
    Inshaallah you'll find your stay here beneficial
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My story is a little long, but hopefully others that view it, that are contemplating a journey into Islam, find it helpful.

My fathers side of my family is Catholic and my mothers side Christian (non denominational). I was made to go to church when I was young and never took to it. I actually outright rejected it. I wasn't rejecting the thought of God because I believed there was a God but just didn't believe the Christians views of God. So from a young age until my late teenage years I believed in God but was not tied to a particular faith. In my late teens I began to really research religion. I was online researching, reading books, talking to people of other religions, etc. Islam had me intrigued. More than intrigued, I felt a pull towards it. I was telling myself, "This makes sense" "This is what I have always felt!" But through my research, self exploration and this new feeling I had I just still didn't know what to do. I was confused. I was lost but saw a light to head towards. I asked for a sign and guidance from God. I realized that I would not get immediate clarity on this decision but I was patient. So I waited and thought about religion for another year or so. I started a new job a year later and co worker of mine was nice Muslim female. We would talk at work about work related things and I had someone now in the religion that I personally knew to ask questions. She told her dad about me and we ended up becoming friends and he gave me so much knowledge of Islam from what I previously had. I was now 100%, this is it, this is my religion. I then reverted at our local Masjid and met my new family. Fast forward a year and through getting to know the family there became a mutual interest in marriage with his daughter, my former co worker (I had since be promoted away from the same facility at work), and I asked for her hand in marriage and was given her dads approval. I believe this one of many of Allah's (SWT) guiding ways and blessings upon me. Fast forward again 9 years and here I am today. I have two beautiful children, a wonderful wife, great in-laws, and excellent Muslim family. Allahu Akbar! Subhan'Allah! Alhamdulillah!

Today I have never felt closer to Allah (SWT) then I have before! Insha'Allah soon I will get the opportunity to go to Hajj.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I said my Shahada about a month ago, I come from a small family in the Midwest, one that was educated, but lacking in religion. I always found myself interested in all of the faiths in the world as a child, from Christianity to Buddhism, I had a desire to learn where we came from, what made us do the things we did, what basically made us human beings. I of course, found no reasonable answer and continued to progress through life with that empty void being filled by other means, not all of which were always constructive, but hating myself for feeling as though I could never understand what it was that would eventually make me whole.

Eventually I served in the US Army as an infantryman, this was post 9/11, and although I joined for noble reasons, I found that the life of a combat arms trained soldier was restricting to dissident thought. The military is based in the ideology that they do the thinking for you, a common saying was "If you needed a wife, you would have been issued one by Uncle Sam.", this did not work for me, in the pain of the aftermath of 9/11, all I heard was how terrible Muslims are, how all terrorists are Muslim, it just did not seem right to me.

So, after leaving the military I looked into Islam myself. I remembered how many of my heroes were followers, how Muhammad Ali and Malcolm X were remembered as these great men, and how when asked what gave them the strength to be who they were, the answer was always Allah and the teachings of Islam. It never truly sank in to the point where I ever considered becoming part of the faith, yet over the years, as I have gotten older, I found that the same void that was there in my youth had still not been filled. One day I decided that enough was enough, and stopped my the Mosque in my city and started asking questions, engaging in dialog with men and women from all over the world. Not about converting, but just about what it was that Islam meant to them, and how it has impacted their lives. I asked for some reading material, and immediately went home to begin my scholarship. It took no more than two days for me to see that many of the things I already believed myself, were major teachings of Islam, after two more days of reading and study I realized that I was not looking to convert to Islam, but that it had always been in my heart. That I had been guided to the Mosque that day for the simple fact that Allah knew I was ready, and I knew as well what I had always known, and hidden from myself all along, that Islam was the one true faith, and that Allah was the one true god.

I look forward to many conversations with my brothers and sisters here in this forum, and I hope that you can all find a way to help guide me further on this journey, as I have many more questions and also am beginning my studies in learning the Arabic language.

Be well, and may Allah continue your many blessings.

islamreligion.com eesa the kiwi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3609 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherFred View Post
    I said my Shahada about a month ago, I come from a small family in the Midwest, one that was educated, but lacking in religion. I always found myself interested in all of the faiths in the world as a child, from Christianity to Buddhism, I had a desire to learn where we came from, what made us do the things we did, what basically made us human beings. I of course, found no reasonable answer and continued to progress through life with that empty void being filled by other means, not all of which were always constructive, but hating myself for feeling as though I could never understand what it was that would eventually make me whole.

Eventually I served in the US Army as an infantryman, this was post 9/11, and although I joined for noble reasons, I found that the life of a combat arms trained soldier was restricting to dissident thought. The military is based in the ideology that they do the thinking for you, a common saying was "If you needed a wife, you would have been issued one by Uncle Sam.", this did not work for me, in the pain of the aftermath of 9/11, all I heard was how terrible Muslims are, how all terrorists are Muslim, it just did not seem right to me.

So, after leaving the military I looked into Islam myself. I remembered how many of my heroes were followers, how Muhammad Ali and Malcolm X were remembered as these great men, and how when asked what gave them the strength to be who they were, the answer was always Allah and the teachings of Islam. It never truly sank in to the point where I ever considered becoming part of the faith, yet over the years, as I have gotten older, I found that the same void that was there in my youth had still not been filled. One day I decided that enough was enough, and stopped my the Mosque in my city and started asking questions, engaging in dialog with men and women from all over the world. Not about converting, but just about what it was that Islam meant to them, and how it has impacted their lives. I asked for some reading material, and immediately went home to begin my scholarship. It took no more than two days for me to see that many of the things I already believed myself, were major teachings of Islam, after two more days of reading and study I realized that I was not looking to convert to Islam, but that it had always been in my heart. That I had been guided to the Mosque that day for the simple fact that Allah knew I was ready, and I knew as well what I had always known, and hidden from myself all along, that Islam was the one true faith, and that Allah was the one true god.

I look forward to many conversations with my brothers and sisters here in this forum, and I hope that you can all find a way to help guide me further on this journey, as I have many more questions and also am beginning my studies in learning the Arabic language.

Be well, and may Allah continue your many blessings.
    Welcome to Islam
    :
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Islaam

I actually did a whole video on my story going from christianity to Islam
    check it outhttps://youtu.be/abikXhQvBwA

a gronn
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1136 Post(s)

Re: Islaam

i am muslim since birth and i never, killed anyone, severed somebody's hand, had a gun, or crashed an airplain into a building.

dont you fear, and our mosques are not recruiting centers, and we dont worship that ka'ba and we dont worship a moon god and we dont like satan one bit, dont listen to worthless mole rats like that rielly guy from fox or that jobless heathen named jay smith.
    "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
    me - 2017