Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

View Poll Results: is this suitable for muslimah sisters to wear?

Voters
406. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,

148 36.45%
  • No, astaghfirullah. NOoooo

138 33.99%
  • no wear shoes

66 16.26%
  • Freshie no make it good poll.

54 13.30%
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Is it suitable for sisters to wear this?

hi

Freshie do it little survey and want it to know if this shoe suitable for good muslimah sister to wear?

please vote it.

this is serious poll.

thankyou very much.

please also feel free to make it comment.

if this no suitable area please move it this thread to other place,
    Freshie Public Statement: freshie only post it on ummah forum. Other freshie boys try to copy it this Freshie idea on other forums, copy cat boys.

Re: Is it suitable for sisters to wear this?

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    Trainers
    Trainers with abaya? Humh....

Assalamo alaikum,

I never have worn heels and I totally hate to see hijabi's wearing them. Even worse for a niqabi.

Quote Originally Posted by Umm Fatimah View Post
    Assalamo alaikum,

I never have worn heels and I totally hate to see hijabi's wearing them. Even worse for a niqabi.

Really? I've always liked high heels, even though I don't own any. I used to own one pair some time back, but the heels were rubber-ish, so didn't make that attention-seeking noise.

I guess it would be a bit strange if it's worn by a hijaabi/niqaabi for show, but sometimes there are certain things that people like just for their own self, or to please the spouse. And if it doesn't attract unwanted/unnecessary attention... I guess this is one of those things?

Quote Originally Posted by Massilia View Post
    that's even worse the thing is to alternate. Not very ladylike when you're over 30
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksupremo View Post
    Trainers with abaya? Humh....
    They'd be hidden under the abaya, anyways. And, not make that annoying tik tok noise.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

They'd be hidden under the abaya, anyways. And, not make that annoying tik tok noise.
    My flats make that noise. Thing is no one cares or pays attention when I go through rail stations, underground so I dont understand why you do with the amount of noise in such places anyway.
    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

My flats make that noise. Thing is no one cares or pays attention when I go through rail stations, underground so I dont understand why you do with the amount of noise in such places anyway.
    The noise of that tik tok, is so common anyway,no one even looks or turns around when they hear it,so I dont see what the problem would be.

sometimes i have had shoes and i dont even realise they make that noise as cant hear it, until i am walking innight or something

Recipes for all the family
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

i miss wearing my stilettos

alhamdulillah 3ala kolii 7al

http://quran.cc/images/Quranlogo.png........http://i.imgur.com/b066ayL.png

“My sin burdened me heavily. But when I measured it against Your Grace, O Lord, Your forgiveness came out greater.” Imam Shafie

Quote Originally Posted by innocent_girl View Post

Did u wear ur stilettos outside?
    Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes!
    http://salafimediauk.com

A stiletto is a knife or dagger with a long slender blade and needle-like point, primarily intended as a stabbing weapon

Quote Originally Posted by innocent_girl View Post

I love stillettos but have to wear only on occasions

Quote Originally Posted by *Aisha View Post
    I love stillettos but have to wear only on occasions
    I can't walk in them, always fall over
    Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes!
    http://salafimediauk.com

Odan

My plastic heeled stilletos do not make any sound.

I get them all re-heeled.

My flip flops are my noisiest shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sprinkles View Post
    I can't walk in them, always fall over
    looool

It's not just noises, though. The way it makes you walk is totally different from the way it makes you walk in a flat shoes. On top of that, there are health disadvantages of wearing heels.

And, it's likely that you will get out of train stations and walk to places where the noise will be more profound. Allah knows best who is looking at you and who is not, you will not know.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.

flat shoes make noises too,

and anyway what is considered heels? flats are not good for feet either, wearing ballet pump style all the time is also damaging to feet as there is no support for soles and arch.

Then, it's best to avoid shoes that make noise. I'm sure there are that don't make as much noise.

I don't know what Ballet Pump is but, how can flat be not good for feet? I mean, when you walk barefoot, you are on the flat ground.

The footwear offers so little support they put pressure on the knees, hip and back, and people should take precautions. The lack of heel and strap means they should only be worn for short periods, according to the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists.
    ''Professional dancers are no strangers to the perils of ballet shoes, which offer the feet little cushioning, leaving the lower leg and foot to absorb the full impact of movement,'' said Lorraine Jones, a podiatrist from the society.''This puts increased pressure on the knees, hip and back, which over time can increase a person's chance of developing arthritis. The lack of support offered by the shoe can also lead to painful muscle strain.http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/news-...your-feet.html

The fashion for ballet pumps as streetwear could have damaging long-term effects for feet, experts have warned.
    Teenage girls and women in their 20s are developing painful corns and callouses - normally only seen in much older women.
    And chiropodists say that many pump wearers are in danger of damaging their knees, twisting their ankles and stretching the tendons in their legs.
    Scroll down for more ...
    Low fashion: Ballet pumps

The flat-bottomed shoes have become a fashion staple in recent years and hundreds of thousands of pairs have been sold.
    High street versions can be snapped up for as little as £10 while designer versions can cost more than £150.
    Flat-bottomed girl: Actress Sienna Miller in ballet pumps

Carol Caven, a chiropodist in Hounslow, West London, has seen a marked increase in younger girls coming to her surgery with serious foot problems - all down to ballet pumps.
    She said: "These pumps have recently become so fashionable among young girls in their teens and 20s and they are coming to me with problems they should not be experiencing until much later in life.
    "The problem is that they have to be so small because otherwise they would fall off - there is nothing to hold them on the foot. It means that women are squashing their toes into the front of the shoe, causing corns and callouses.'
    She added: "Other women wear ballet pumps at their normal shoe size, but these can cause other problems because girls have to walk in an exaggerated fashion to stop them from falling off.
    "It means they can't flex their ankles because there is nothing to hold their foot in. This causes a strain on the knee and the tendons. In the worst cases it can mean women roll over on their ankles - causing sprained ankles because there is no support in the shoe."
    Harley Street foot surgeon Barry Francis, said: "Like all shoes you should use the right shoe for the job. If you are going to do a great deal of walking on hard surfaces then ballet pumps are not the right thing.
    "If you are young and fit then you should not be having a problem with hard skin and corns - these only happen when something is stopping you from walking properly.
    "Ballet pumps do not give you much protection and could put you in line for stubbing injuries and people stepping on you.
    "Flip-flops are similar - there are many cases of these causing twisted ankles and impact injuries, and I expect a similar number with regard to ballet pumps.
    "Women have to claw their toes up to wear them and that does their feet no good."
    In the summer Dr Francis has six patients a week coming to him with injuries relating to flatbottomed shoes.http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/e...t-7206973.html

No arch support

Ballet style shoes may be cute and comfortable, but they are no good for feet. There is no arch support, which puts pressure on the knees, hips and back. With no strap to support the foot the toes claw at the shoe to keep it on. Experts recommend a shoe with a slightly higher and wider heel and a higher back. Don’t wear them for extended periods, especially when you’re doing a lot of walking.

Then, it's best to avoid shoes that make noise. I'm sure there are that don't make as much noise.

I don't know what Ballet Pump is but, how can flat be not good for feet? I mean, when you walk barefoot, you are on the flat ground.
    All women shoes make noise except for those tpe of sneakers,that are quiet and those bellet type shoes.

Rubber shoes don't make noise, I'm sure.

rubber shoes? you mean rubber soles? yes brother they do make noise, as on womens shoes the rubber is hard sometimes. even flip flops make noise. and you cant hear it in the shop before you buy as shop is carpet

Rubber shoes don't make noise, I'm sure.
    majority of women shoes make noise,yes even rubber ones

If they make noises that are like the noises made men men's shoes, then it's not the same as click clock. It's not attention-getting.

It's not just noises, though. The way it makes you walk is totally different from the way it makes you walk in a flat shoes. On top of that, there are health disadvantages of wearing heels..
    If you walk "funny" that only means that you dont know how to walk with heels. Yes you walk differently since it forces you to walk PROPERLY by keeping your back straight in which there is nothing wrong. As I said what is usually better is to alternate between flats and small heels.

In any case, I care about my feet and not your ears
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Reputation please :)

If she is wearing islamic clothing then I dont see why no, after all, only thing anyone could see is the leather tip of the boots

Account Disabled

I see many hijaabi's wearing these kinda things, attracting a lot of attention. Defeats the purpose if you ask me.

If you walk "funny" that only means that you dont know how to walk with heels. Yes you walk differently since it forces you to walk PROPERLY by keeping your back straight in which there is nothing wrong. As I said what is usually better is to alternate between flats and small heels.

In any case, I care about my feet and not your ears
    As far as I know, (and sisters can confirm this as I have read they said the same things), heels does make you walk in an improper way. I don't think that very appropriate for a Muslimah who is wearing proper hijab, but walking like that.

Sister, I'm not talking about my ears. I don't see the reasons to get so personal when you disagree.

As far as I know, (and sisters can confirm this as I have read they said the same things), heels does make you walk in an improper way. I don't think that very appropriate for a Muslimah who is wearing proper hijab, but walking like that.

Sister, I'm not talking about my ears. I don't see the reasons to get so personal when you disagree.
    I walk the same in heels or not,I dont see how heels makes the walk bad for us.

I think the best, as in Religion and in Health, is to put on Flat shoes. But my Sister's still like Heels.

did you read my posts about how ballet pumps are harmful to feet?

have you actually got any knowledge about the health effects of different shoes?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadri View Post
    I think the best, as in Religion and in Health, is to put on Flat shoes. But my Sister's still like Heels.

hahahaaaaa this has got to be the best poll ever

I just don't understand why the topic went on after my suggestion. It just makes no sense

Well i have also sisters who say the opposite

Again what is an inappropriate walk anyway? God people can't even get away with their manner of walking

Well i have also sisters who say the opposite

Again what is an inappropriate walk anyway? God people can't even get away with their manner of walking
    "And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment."

So you see, not all walks are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by علي View Post
    What adornment is it? Ankle bracelets? Who wears that today? And we don't stamp feet with heels, it's like walking with ballerinas. Except that you see higher than usual and it's practical when you need to reach a high shelf in a store

You made a remark about people not being able to get away with their manner of walking, I was just saying that yes, that too is specified.

Anyway, from what I was able to gather from mirror's post, the issue was that it attracts attention. If high heels are considered an adornment (and this would not surprise me given that general style), then the verse would apply to the noise they make as well as then it would be apparent what the woman is wearing under the jilbaab.

my heart aches for Syria. Rememberer's Avatar

My shoes are super quiet. I buy comfy closed toe shoes

This is one of my favs: http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/...s+Frasier.aspx

I love shoes that can be worn with or without socks and have flexible soles. The media has made women think that we 'need' heels. We don't.

When I'm out doing errands etc, I wear feminine sneakers....no one really sees the top of my shoes anyway....for me comfort and health come first...I look for: light, flexible, arch support, non skid, water proof...sound qualities to look for when choosing footwear.

I would. Maybe not for long because it looks uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by SofiaG View Post
    I would. Maybe not for long because it looks uncomfortable.
    Sister, it's not about uncomfortability, but about the face that footwear like these are not very appropriate.

They are really nice.

I hate walking anywhere when I am wearing heels but I also love wearing heels - no too high though.
    Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind):
    “If you (really) love Allāh then follow me (i.e. accept Islāmic Monotheism, follow the Qur’ān and the Sunnah), Allāh will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allāh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Aali Imran 3:31)