PDA

View Full Version : Whats the beef between Pakistanis and Bengladesh..

Abu Protein
31-12-12, 06:09 PM
Salam,

I never understood this.

I know there's a hadith that says that 2 things of Jahiliya will remain with this ummah. 1. The wailing of the dead, and 2. Nationalism/Tribalism

mabz
31-12-12, 06:10 PM
Salam,

I never understood this.

I know there's a hadith that says that 2 things of Jahiliya will remain with this ummah. 1. The wailing of the dead, and 2. Nationalism/Tribalism

beef was squashed long time ago bro, i got more pakistani friends than i do bengali

mabz
31-12-12, 06:11 PM
the beef only exists with those that are age 60+

Abu Protein
31-12-12, 06:12 PM
Well what WAS the problem before?

AX1300
31-12-12, 07:17 PM
It was the war they had.

I think its mainly the older lot that have beef, but who cares.

Important that the next generation move on. I'm Pakstani, but have Bangladeshi friends, no issues whatsoever.

Nationality is just a label anyway, people need to elevate themselves above that - we are Muslims.

nonameakhi
31-12-12, 07:24 PM
All to do with the war akhie. Some nasty stories, some assumptons and some divide and rule strategies by the kufaar

I think the younger generations in teh west are non to fussed these days as they dont know the history etc

I have bengali friends who dont care but their parents hate pakistani and vice versa.

some are extreme as in marry whomever as long as its not pakistani/bengali

In my experience (and its just MY experience) it seems to be more bengali than pakistani

Yusuf Khan
31-12-12, 07:26 PM
:wswrwb:

Their beef is halal friend. There's nothing wrong with it...

.mirror.
31-12-12, 07:49 PM

Nationalism. Pride. And all of that nonsense.

Most likely to do with the war that made East Pakistan into Bangladesh.

Rainyday
31-12-12, 08:23 PM
No idea what's with all the beef. I've never liked beef myself to be honest, much prefer a lamb joint.

~Sprinkles
31-12-12, 11:09 PM

As mentioned above it's all to do with the Liberation War which happened in 1971. About 3 million Bengalis were killed and the Pakistani Military raped about 1 million young girls :/

~*AmatulKarim*~
31-12-12, 11:11 PM

Rainyday
31-12-12, 11:14 PM
Sorry, that was my attempt at humour.

Looks like I failed!

~*AmatulKarim*~
31-12-12, 11:16 PM

cyber_abdullah
01-01-13, 01:05 AM
most of my friends are pakistani, so its not as if there is a beef between us. its a thing from the past. you might see a few people chatting crap on the internet but it doesn't happen with the normal people that often.

Al-Farooq
01-01-13, 02:07 AM
As mentioned above it's all to do with the Liberation War which happened in 1971. About 3 million Bengalis were killed and the Pakistani Military raped about 1 million young girls :/

All things considered, it's pretty good that many among the younger generation are willing and able to move on, because it must be difficult to put something like that behind you.

J.Farhan
01-01-13, 02:17 AM
Well what WAS the problem before?

Pakistan was created by Bengali Muslims actually! Muslim league was created in Dhaka! They just wanted to come out of majority Hindu influence. But it didn't go according to plan. Soon West Pakistani Generals took control, and Bengalis became marginalized... It created a strong sense of Bengali nationalism.... A bengali nationalist leader won the election ( who wanted equal rights and federation)! But Generals refused to hand him power. So Bengalis came to the streets, generals started killing those who were leading street movements. Bengali Regiment of Pakistan Army declared Independence of East Pakistan as Bangladesh. A bloody civil war followed. 9 months later india joined the war and pakistan was defeated... Although that bengali leader who won the election before war wanted to go back into Pakistan... But india pressurized him and a secular proxy regime of India was formed in Bengal.. but Bangladesh Army officer didn't like it (as most of them were ex pakistani officers and they didn't like India either). So that leader was eliminated and new party (pro muslim nations ) was formed by army to counter that pro india secular party. Since then Bangladesh is divided in two groups. Now the secular party in power and they don't like Pakistan.

J.Farhan
01-01-13, 02:20 AM
All things considered, it's pretty good that many among the younger generation are willing and able to move on, because it must be difficult to put something like that behind you.

Situation is getting worse actually. Those who saw united pakistan, are nostalgic about it! But new generation are taught to hate Pakistan from their school days .....

wizard.of.oz
01-01-13, 02:55 AM
most of my friends are pakistani, so its not as if there is a beef between us. its a thing from the past. you might see a few people chatting crap on the internet but it doesn't happen with the normal people that often.

I have a Bengali friend whose uncles HATE Pakistan.

imran1976
01-01-13, 07:57 AM
Nothing.

Al-Farooq
01-01-13, 08:30 AM
Situation is getting worse actually. Those who saw united pakistan, are nostalgic about it! But new generation are taught to hate Pakistan from their school days .....

Muslims being taught to hate other Muslims? La howla wa la quwwata illa billah.

samin62
01-01-13, 08:40 AM
they like 2 different masalah in their beef curry.

علي
01-01-13, 09:02 AM
Do Pakistanis support their army anyway? Because from what I hear, they're terrible people, those in the army.

Like in Syria, the Syrian army is miserable, they go and cause a bunch of trouble in Lebanon, now Lebanese hate Syrians, but what the heck, we Syrians hate the Syrian army and the trouble they've caused and now look, that same army is killing its own people. Just goes to show that populations usually do not support it. What sprinkles said sounds horrible, but that seems to be the typical fare with these shayateen we have in armies back home. I do not think the Pakistani people at large would support their government's actions, not if they're remotely caring Muslims, and as far as I understand the Pakistani government is extremely corrupt and probably detested by a lot of Pakistanis anyway.

mabz
01-01-13, 09:07 AM
I remember reading a funny and interesting quote on YouTube it said:

"Dosent matter if your Indian, Pakistani or Bengali, to the white man, your just another paki"

Abu 'Abdullaah
01-01-13, 09:48 AM
Do Pakistanis support their army anyway? Because from what I hear, they're terrible people, those in the army.

Like in Syria, the Syrian army is miserable, they go and cause a bunch of trouble in Lebanon, now Lebanese hate Syrians, but what the heck, we Syrians hate the Syrian army and the trouble they've caused and now look, that same army is killing its own people. Just goes to show that populations usually do not support it. What sprinkles said sounds horrible, but that seems to be the typical fare with these shayateen we have in armies back home. I do not think the Pakistani people at large would support their government's actions, not if they're remotely caring Muslims, and as far as I understand the Pakistani government is extremely corrupt and probably detested by a lot of Pakistanis anyway.

The Pak military may be run similar to the Syrian where the 'higher' castes and classes get the leadership positions. The foot soldiers do most of the dirty work they're probably classed as 'Sunni Hanafi' (lol).

Put it this way, the US has a free pass despite these 'Sunni Hanafis' being armed to the teeth. Their nuclear weapons don't appear to be much of a deterrent either. Obviously it's a different story when it comes to flexing muscles against their own people.

~Sprinkles
01-01-13, 11:48 AM

Yeah, true. At the end of the day, they're still our brothers and sisters in Islam.

Slave4akhirah
01-01-13, 03:17 PM

"Dosent matter if your Indian, Pakistani or Bengali, to the white man, your just another paki"

ha ha the amoutn of times throughout school, id hear 'you paki' (im not pakistani btw) was stupid

alarmbells
01-01-13, 03:19 PM

"Dosent matter if your Indian, Pakistani or Bengali, to the white man, your just another ****"

Whoever wrote that was a racist.

Abu 'Abdullaah
01-01-13, 03:43 PM

This is why nationalism is such an ugly disease but it takes on many forms and becomes deep rooted throughout society. Everything from lineage, castes and social classes to science, news, sport and culture stems from nationalism which itself goes back to wahn.

So even though the newer generation appear to be moving on from some forms of nationalism (old wars; caste system etc) which is a good thing, the problem usually remains in other forms.

Magic.
01-01-13, 04:24 PM
Don't care.

My grandparents don't really care either.

Massilia
01-01-13, 05:36 PM
A ridicule beef i presume. That does not taste good.

I didn't look into the issue, but again, i don't know why Pakistan has split up with India to split with Bengladesh after, i wonder who will split in 30 years

:: Hadiyah ::
01-01-13, 05:44 PM
I don't know, but I married one.

.mirror.
01-01-13, 10:42 PM
I didn't look into the issue, but again, i don't know why Pakistan has split up with India to split with Bengladesh after, i wonder who will split in 30 years

Baluchistan (a province of Pakistan) wanted to split, I heard.

sushi
02-01-13, 03:05 AM
No idea what's with all the beef. I've never liked beef myself to be honest, much prefer a lamb joint.

lol

Yeah, it is but alhamdulillah we've moved on.

*asiya*
02-01-13, 03:11 AM

racists are neither funny, nor interesting.

sushi
02-01-13, 03:16 AM
Muslims being taught to hate other Muslims? La howla wa la quwwata illa billah.

It's not directly taught tbh, the history is in our books (we learn about our heroes, read stories & poems about war from early age) & there are many tv programmes through out the year reviving the feeling of horror our ancestors lived through that 9 months.

Networks
02-01-13, 03:18 AM
Bangladesh just refused to play cricket in Pakistan.

~Sprinkles
02-01-13, 03:28 AM
bangladesh just refused to play cricket in pakistan.

what?!! Why?!!

.mirror.
02-01-13, 03:32 AM
"Four people were killed and 35 others injured on Tuesday when a bomb planted on a motorcycle went off ..."

Probably that's why.

Networks
02-01-13, 03:34 AM
what?!! Why?!!

This is not even first time.

They think that country is dangerous.

"Four people were killed and 35 others injured on Tuesday when a bomb planted on a motorcycle went off ..."

Probably that's why.

Yes.

ahmad12
02-01-13, 04:01 AM

Salaam

They're nationalists just like everyone else. I mean, even the second or third generation pakistani immigrant families have Pakistan's flags in their cars and watch the Pakistani cricket team and hate India and whatever. And they LOVE the army. Even though they see that the Pak army has done no good for the country and fights alongside the US and does nothing to stop innocents dying in drone attacks and hears of them kidnapping locals and selling them to America as terrorists... they hear about it on the news and may agree such actions are wrong but will be like 'Pak army is the best'. Many will just side with Pak army regardless of anything they do. So they attack a masjid and these fanatics will say 'the Mullahs must have deserved it' etc. Nationalists disgust me. Putting their country before Islam

:jkk:

imran1976
02-01-13, 07:10 AM
The Pak military may be run similar to the Syrian where the 'higher' castes and classes get the leadership positions. The foot soldiers do most of the dirty work they're probably classed as 'Sunni Hanafi' (lol).

as always, i mean why you give comments when you don't know the reality?

Pak military, both rank & files + officers, mostly comes from middle class.