PDA

View Full Version : Disowning your child?

Khalid b. Walid
06-06-12, 02:01 PM
:salams

What do you think of parents disowning their child?

Are there any circumstance where disowning your child would be justified?

What does Islam say about this? Does it come under breaking ties of kinship?

Is disowning you child different to simply kicking you child out or are they in essence the same thing?

:jkk:

Tamaties
06-06-12, 02:03 PM
If he forsakes Islam or abuses Allah or his Rasool :saw: he is not my child.

journey2jannah
06-06-12, 02:08 PM
If he forsakes Islam or abuses Allah or his Rasool :saw: he is not my child.

He is your child and you are responsible for him. Your children are a test or trial for you, and your actions or lack of actions will be judged by Allah swt alone.

"Each one of you is a caretaker (ra'iy) and is responsible for those under his care." (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)
"Allah will ask every caretaker (ra'iy) about the people under his care, and the man will be asked concerning the people of his household." (Reported by Ahmad, al-Nisai, and Abu Daoud)

Tamaties
06-06-12, 02:09 PM
He is your child and you are responsible for him. Your children are a test or trial for you, and your actions or lack of actions will be judged by Allah swt alone.

I will kill him, one word against my beloved Nabi :saw: and I will kill him, even his mother won't be able to save him.

journey2jannah
06-06-12, 02:23 PM
Huh? Surely that would be going against the teaching our beloeved Nabi Muhammad :saw:. The parents duty is to educate his child not to kill his child. It's your child but s/he is accountable to Allah, not you.

Fuaadh
06-06-12, 02:24 PM
I will kill him, one word against my beloved Nabi :saw: and I will kill him, even his mother won't be able to save him.

Well if he does something like that the it shows how good of a father you were in teaching him about the love for Allah and his rasool :saws: better of you killing yourself asWell

Khalid b. Walid
07-06-12, 07:28 PM
Bump

journey2jannah
07-06-12, 07:30 PM
do you mind me asking the age of the child?

Khalid b. Walid
07-06-12, 07:33 PM
do you mind me asking the age of the child?

The thread wasn't based on a real-life incident. Its more about the general idea of disowning and just asking people here what their thoughts are on this.

journey2jannah
07-06-12, 08:38 PM
Sorry, I was mistaken.

purple89
07-06-12, 08:51 PM
It depends on what the child has done. If the child did something that is, or is borderline murtad stuff then yes you can. Abubakr faced his son in battle and didn't hesitate to kill him although he didnt succeed and his son became a Muslim later.

nousername
07-06-12, 09:47 PM
There are so many cases of people coming to the forum and saying that they will be disowned if they don't marry who their parents want them to marry, astagfirallah. It just seems that the concept of love for child isn't found in some people if they can reject their own flesh and blood so easily.

nousername
07-06-12, 09:48 PM

seek help, psycho.

Insomnia
08-06-12, 04:00 AM

I sure hope you never have children for their sake.

al-siddiq
08-06-12, 05:01 AM
Wa Aalaikum Assalam waRAhmatullahi waBarkatuh

Brothers and sisters we need to have knowledge of the topic before answering it =/.

In Islam, inheritance is not a personal matter, it is a matter of the islamic state. In other words, you have no say in inheritance in terms of taking it away or giving it, it is set in stone by Allah and will happen that way whether you want it to or not.

Naushad
08-06-12, 06:08 AM
seek help, psycho.

I sure hope you never have children for their sake.

Hadhrat Anas Radhiallaho Anhu also narrates that Rasullullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam said:

“You cannot have complete Imaan until you do not love me more than your father, children and all people.”
The love the Sahabah Radhiallaho Anhum had for the Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam was more than the value of their own lives. The Sahaba would happily sacrifice their own lives just for the pleasure of Allah and His Rasul Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam; even if a choice had to be made between one's own life and the dignity and honour of Rasullullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam.

Astaghfirullah, people should think first before calling someone derogotary terms. I think you have misunderstood the brothers love for Allah and his Nabi:saw:. The hadith I quoted explains this. I recall in a recent lecture, students of Ml Ashraf Ali Thanvi, asked him a question if in todays time anybody has perfect imaan, because all they see is peoples love for duniya and not their love for Muhammad:saw: . He asked his students what they would do if their sons or wives had to verbally abuse Muhammad:saw: ??

They replied they will kill their sons and divorce their wives, he replied this was perfect Imaan. It's just that we don't see it today because we are not made to choose, but when the day arrives when you have to choose between the two who shall it be????

Beblessed
08-06-12, 07:05 AM
any muslim insults Allaah SWT or His Messenger even if he was joking becomes a murtad.

Sis_Asiya
08-06-12, 09:48 AM

"Each one of you is a caretaker (ra'iy) and is responsible for those under his care." (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)
"Allah will ask every caretaker (ra'iy) about the people under his care, and the man will be asked concerning the people of his household." (Reported by Ahmad, al-Nisai, and Abu Daoud)

if your child is an adult and therefore accountable themselves then your not responsible because then they are accountable, and if they leave islam then unless to give dawah to them so that they come back into the folds of islam, how can you maintain relations with them? nothing is more important than your deen

Sis_Asiya
08-06-12, 09:51 AM
There are so many cases of people coming to the forum and saying that they will be disowned if they don't marry who their parents want them to marry, astagfirallah. It just seems that the concept of love for child isn't found in some people if they can reject their own flesh and blood so easily.

your love for your children and flesh and blood should not come before your love for Allah swt and the Prophet saw

abubakarbristol
08-06-12, 09:53 AM
In my mind there is a difference in maintaining contact and maintaining relations with someone.

Ebony
08-06-12, 10:06 AM
:salams

What do you think of parents disowning their child?

Are there any circumstance where disowning your child would be justified?

What does Islam say about this? Does it come under breaking ties of kinship?

Is disowning you child different to simply kicking you child out or are they in essence the same thing?

its haram. nothing islamically can justify disowning your child.by disown we mean breaking off ties of kinship, not keeping in contact and cutting them off from their inheritance. all haram.

istikhara
08-06-12, 12:08 PM
in islam you have to be good to you parents even if they arent muslim
so what about your child?

I think its a really bad thing as parents we need to show mercy to our children
i dont think there would be any cicrumstance where it would be justified
if he/she is your child he/she is your child if he./she is your blood he/she is your blood theres nothing you can do about it
and islamically you have to keep the ties of kinship

no disowning your child is not the same as kicking them out of the house
because parents may be do that in order to teach the child a lesson

i know someone whos son is still lving in their house, he does not have a good job so he is still living with his parents
people have been telling them to kick him out of the house as that might make him look for a good job and get his own place
thats now the same as disowning

nousername
08-06-12, 02:24 PM
your love for your children and flesh and blood should not come before your love for Allah swt and the Prophet saw

I"m not saying it should, but he's talking about bloody murder of his child. that's psychotic. people can't just around and kill who they want, not even under a khalifah. their is a justice process for a reason.

Ebony
08-06-12, 07:19 PM
its haram. nothing islamically can justify disowning your child.by disown we mean breaking off ties of kinship, not keeping in contact and cutting them off from their inheritance. all haram.

MoMo asked me in rep comment what if the child apostises, or joins the kuffar army and fights against the Muslim - even then can a father/mother not disown their child?

And the answer is no, even then they cannot. They cannot disown their child under any circumstances, they (father/mother) cannot deprive them of their inheritance as islamically the children have a right to it, they cannot not speak to them, they cannot say and follow through on the following either: "you are dead to me" or "you are not my child anymore" - the rules and laws of kinship in Islam are very clear on this. To disown your children for any reason is haram and not allowed.

firmghazi
08-06-12, 08:03 PM
Not sure about children, but I unfortunatly had to disown and disassociate myself with my entire family except for one person due to their hatred for Islam and constant verbal assaults on me.

Khalid b. Walid
08-06-12, 09:15 PM
MoMo asked me in rep comment what if the child apostises, or joins the kuffar army and fights against the Muslim - even then can a father/mother not disown their child?

And the answer is no, even then they cannot. They cannot disown their child under any circumstances, they (father/mother) cannot deprive them of their inheritance as islamically the children have a right to it, they cannot not speak to them, they cannot say and follow through on the following either: "you are dead to me" or "you are not my child anymore" - the rules and laws of kinship in Islam are very clear on this. To disown your children for any reason is haram and not allowed.

That part isn't correct.

A Muslim cannot inherit from a kafir and a kafir cannot inherit from a Muslim.

So if the child apostates then he/she has lost the inheritance.

Saif-Uddin
08-06-12, 09:25 PM

I hope this never Happens to any Muslim, but What if they are a grown up adult and Openly commit Apostasy?

what does the Shariah say concerning this issue?

Saif-Uddin
08-06-12, 09:27 PM
That part isn't correct.

A Muslim cannot inherit from a kafir and a kafir cannot inherit for Muslim.

So if the child apostates then he/she has lost the inheritance.

:jkk: akhi, that's what I was thinking, the Inheritance Laws in the Shariah are applicable to Muslims,

Saif-Uddin
08-06-12, 09:28 PM

Would you mind backing this (Highlighted above) up with evidence from the Quran and Sunnah, or what the Ulema have said ...?

as for Inheritance your mistaken,

journey2jannah
08-06-12, 09:29 PM
I hope this never Happens to any Muslim, but What if they are a grown up adult and Openly commit Apostasy?

what does the Shariah say concerning this issue?

If they are adults then they are not under their care, unless if she is a daughter who is unmarried then technically she is still under the care of her father.

Allahu Alim, I don't know.

Saif-Uddin
08-06-12, 09:53 PM
If they are adults then they are not under their care, unless if she is a daughter who is unmarried then technically she is still under the care of her father.

Allahu Alim, I don't know.

I know that Ukthi, but disowning means cutting your ties with them, in addition to them getting no Inheritance ...

can someone post what the Shariah/Alim says concerning Murtaad children, (Nauzubillah min zaliq) do they have rights over us, and if so what are they?