PDA

View Full Version : Husband Abandoned wife, What Islam Says?

Rabia Basri
23-02-12, 07:32 AM
Assalm-o-alaikum,
I just wnt to know what is the Islamic point of view upon, wife abandoned by her abusive husband on purpose, without any solid reason, what she should do?? And if husband had not contacted with her for nearly 1 year, and he is neither willing to come back, nor to free her 4m the marriage bond???

What Islam says bout it????

Zesty
23-02-12, 07:34 AM
:wswrwb:
She should inshaAllah to to the local imaan or ask a scholar or someone about the ruling and what are her options, I would think she could get a Khula.

sis_niqabi
23-02-12, 08:32 AM
Go to an imaam or scholar. Most imaams will grant you a khula if the husband hasn't returned for more than 6 months without reason.

bones
23-02-12, 08:33 AM
Assalm-o-alaikum,
I just wnt to know what is the Islamic point of view upon, wife abandoned by her abusive husband on purpose, without any solid reason, what she should do?? And if husband had not contacted with her for nearly 1 year, and he is neither willing to come back, nor to free her 4m the marriage bond???

What Islam says bout it????

Islamically, he has to visit her every 4 months I believe, it doesn't mean if he doesn't it's an automatic divorce, but if he doesn't there are serious ramifications for his actions. I take it that families have been involved, in which case as Zesty says, it's time for a neutral ie. imam or a judge of some sort to intervene and either force the man into his return or alternatively validate a divorce.

Rabia Basri
23-02-12, 08:38 AM
Can she demand her maintainance for the period when she were left abandoned and not taken care of.????

*asiya*
23-02-12, 09:02 AM
Islamically, he has to visit her every 4 months I believe, it doesn't mean if he doesn't it's an automatic divorce, but if he doesn't there are serious ramifications for his actions. I take it that families have been involved, in which case as Zesty says, it's time for a neutral ie. imam or a judge of some sort to intervene and either force the man into his return or alternatively validate a divorce.

just to clarify there is no automatic divorce, u would be still be married even if he didnt come back for 10 years because it still needs to go through a qadhi, speak to an imam insha Allah he can advise about the options to get the matter settled.

bones
23-02-12, 11:05 AM
Can she demand her maintainance for the period when she were left abandoned and not taken care of.????

Oh for crying out loud, money? Divorce is on the cards and money is at the back of this woman's mind?

inprogress
23-02-12, 11:32 AM
Oh for crying out loud, money? Divorce is on the cards and money is at the back of this woman's mind?

Money is important as it facilitates someone having a home and food. You don't know her situation so don't criticize. It is his duty and her need. SubhanAllah.

OP you have a right to ask an judge or imam to get you divorced from him, and you have a right to maintenance, but I wouldn't expect him to give it to you. If he will not willing give it to you at the command of an imam or islamic judge, you have the right to go to the court and ask for support for yourself for your iddah period and support for your children while they are in your custody if you have children.

Perseveranze
23-02-12, 11:56 AM

It's pretty important so the person can take care of themselves. The man is usually the provider.

SilverTexture
23-02-12, 11:59 AM

Don't be so quick to judge when you don't know her situation.

dhak1yya
23-02-12, 12:29 PM

well how else is she going to feed herself and her kids?? With air? Or do you expect her to work and put her kids in daycare (and even if she did that she'd end up with very little at the end of it, as childcare is expensive)? If she's struggled alone for so long with no maintenance at all then she has every right to be really annoyed and upset about that.

To the OP as the others have said, she should see a scholar, and she has the right of khula.

nousername
23-02-12, 03:54 PM
i understand that in the UK to have a khula they charge an obscene fee like 500 pounds? Is there anyway for a woman to get a khula without going to the i think it's called "shura council" so she doesn't have to spend that kind of money? especially with a dead-beat husband who hasn't supported her.

Rabia Basri
23-02-12, 04:17 PM
Mr/ Miss. Bones

R U A MUSLIM, I dnt think so, u dnt even have any vague idea of Allah and His beloved Prophet's (peace be upon him) teachings about the rights of Woman in Islam.
i am surprised that people like you existed on such a beautiful site. You must clarify your mind and update ur knowledge about the rights of a muslim Woman in such a situation. and as if u dnt knw the real situation, u need not give any comments at all.....

Hudson
24-02-12, 03:10 PM
Mr/ Miss. Bones

R U A MUSLIM, I dnt think so, u dnt even have any vague idea of Allah and His beloved Prophet's (peace be upon him) teachings about the rights of Woman in Islam.
i am surprised that people like you existed on such a beautiful site. You must clarify your mind and update ur knowledge about the rights of a muslim Woman in such a situation. and as if u dnt knw the real situation, u need not give any comments at all.....

Well , he is entitled to his opinions . If you don't like it , then ignore it . Simple .

Saif-Uddin
24-02-12, 03:37 PM

bones quit it with the Ignorant remarks will you ...

makes you look rather immature,

Saif-Uddin
24-02-12, 03:38 PM
Well , he is entitled to his opinions . If you don't like it , then ignore it . Simple .

Yes, Yes, were all entitled to one line judgmental posts which reek of ignorance too ...

welcome to the world of the Kuffar ...

:smack:

peace keeper
24-02-12, 04:01 PM
I don't see a problem with the husband staying away if he is sending her money regularly. It would be a problem if he is not providing for her.

muslim83_
28-01-13, 06:46 AM
assalamu alaikum,
what if it was all the way round? what if a husband is running away from an abusive wife ( who's taking advantage of an immigration situation and she's the sponsor! )
what would that be?