PDA

View Full Version : is it haraam?....

baby_sum
31-01-08, 07:04 PM
:salams

I was just wondering, I know its haraam to play hazard games even more so if there's money involved. but what if it isn't your money and you're not planning to use the gains anyway. Like you gonna give it away. Is the action of playing itself wrong?:confused:

LastFriday
31-01-08, 07:12 PM
:salams

I was just wondering, I know its haraam to play hazard games even more so if there's money involved. but what if it isn't your money and you're not planning to use the gains anyway. Like you gonna give it away. Is the action of playing itself wrong?:confused:

Hazard games? Gambling? or Games like Street Racing....

baby_sum
31-01-08, 07:25 PM
Hazard games? Gambling? or Games like Street Racing....

like the bingo game

LastFriday
31-01-08, 07:47 PM
like the bingo game

Bingo is all about chance and luck...I would think it is. Don't quote me on it. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can answer. Lets wait. :up:

Riceball
31-01-08, 07:55 PM
Quran, surat al Bakara:

Inna haramna alkhamr wa al maisar.

Meaning God has forbidden alcohol and gambling... All sorts of gambling!

Dont risk it, be safe.

Rouz
31-01-08, 08:02 PM
But bingo not for money is that okay? Like when your a kid and you play bing in school? :)

Rosalie-Beauty
31-01-08, 08:06 PM
I have heard that its haram merely because you are imitaing kuffar.

Riceball
31-01-08, 08:13 PM

Agreed.

Mullah_Din
31-01-08, 09:31 PM
Baby Sum, does the game mentioned above involve a die or dice?

If yes, it is Haraam, i.e. Haraam to use a die.

Mentioned in Hadith, our Most Beloved Prophet, Hadhrat Muhammad-ur Rasulullaah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, that 'Whoever plays games of dice has disobeyed Allah (Taa'la) and His Messenger (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam).' (Imam Maalik's Muwatta)

Shedy
31-01-08, 09:43 PM
bingo is gambling.. so its haram

ummbilal
31-01-08, 09:45 PM
gambling is haram,

LastFriday
31-01-08, 10:17 PM
Baby Sum, does the game mentioned above involve a die or dice?

If yes, it is Haraam, i.e. Haraam to use a die.

Mentioned in Hadith, our Most Beloved Prophet, Hadhrat Muhammad-ur Rasulullaah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, that 'Whoever plays games of dice has disobeyed Allah (Taa'la) and His Messenger (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam).' (Imam Maalik's Muwatta)

Monopoly?

Mullah_Din
31-01-08, 10:31 PM
Monopoly?

Brother - if it involves a die then in the light of the above Hadith it would fall in that category.

Allah Taa'la is All-Knowing!

Wassalaam,

sapphire_blue
01-02-08, 12:33 AM

Irfan al Din
01-02-08, 04:36 AM

I don't get it. Isn't using vBulletin imitating kuffar? Also, bingo has nice dice.

baby_sum
01-02-08, 05:21 AM
there's no die involved. u pick out numbers from a bag and speak them out. you got a card (much like d bingo card) and u cross out d numbers called out. the winner is the one crossing out a whole horizontal line.

Irfan al Din
01-02-08, 05:24 AM
Err, I typoed "nice dice" should have been "no dice". Slightly different meanings there.....

baby_sum
01-02-08, 05:27 AM
Err, I typoed "nice dice" should have been "no dice". Slightly different meanings there.....

but you're still playing for money right. that's haraam isn't it? :confused:

Irfan al Din
01-02-08, 05:29 AM

The only time I've ever played is when I volunteered at an old person's home. Well, actually I didn't play, I ran it. And we had prizes and we always gave everyone the the prizes because they were old and they liked prizes.

But yes, you can play for money. But, who would?

(*_Hamzah
01-02-08, 05:29 AM

Yes, what is a 24 year old doing playing Bingo? :rolleyes:

baby_sum
01-02-08, 05:33 AM
Yes, what is a 24 year old doing playing Bingo? :rolleyes:

:o stuck home. argghh