PDA

View Full Version : Husband and wife praying together?

Fairy
31-12-07, 09:22 PM
Are a man and his wife allowed to pray together. I've heard that the woman has to pray behind him, but how far back does she have to be?

Fairy
31-12-07, 09:25 PM
btw this is a serious question.

Cartman
31-12-07, 09:27 PM
she jsut has to be behind him.

Fairy
31-12-07, 09:28 PM

Someone said she had to be a certain feet behind? or something

Cartman
31-12-07, 09:30 PM
Someone said she had to be a certain feet behind? or something

i dont know. you should go to fatwa.com

Mullah_Din
31-12-07, 09:50 PM
Are a man and his wife allowed to pray together. I've heard that the woman has to pray behind him, but how far back does she have to be?

Yes, of course.
The husband would stand in front as an Imaam and lead the prayer and the wife would stand behind him, leaving enough room for her to do Sajadah! (Ahsanul Fatawa)

Imam Abu Dawood (Alayhi Rahmah) reports that the Holy Prophet, Hadhrat Muhammad-ur Rasulullaah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, “Whoever wakes up during the night and wakes up his wife both of them praytwo Raka'ah prayer togther; their names will be written among ‘those men and women who remembered Allah (Taa'la) most.’

If TWO men prayed together in Jama’ah, then one of them will be the Imaam whilst the other person would stand one step behind him to the right of the Imaam.

Wassalaam,

Fairy
31-12-07, 10:31 PM
Where should a woman stand when she prays in jamaa’ah with her husband?

Question:
i have recently got married alhumdulillah and could you tell me can one pray jamat with his wife and if so how?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

It is permissible for a man to lead his wife in prayer, and the woman should stand behind the man, because it is not permissible for her to stand with him, because when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) led Anas and the orphan in prayer, he made Umm Sulaym – who was the mother of Anas – stand behind them.
It is also indicated by the report narrated from Anas ibn Maalik, that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) led him and his mother or maternal aunt in prayer. He said, “He made me stand to his right and he made the woman stand behind us.” (narrated by Muslim, al-Masaajid wa Mawaadi’ al-Salaah, 1056).

Al-Kaasaani said: If there is a woman praying with the imaam, he should make her stand behind him.
Ibn Rushd al-Hafeed said: there is no dispute concerning the fact that a lone woman may pray behind the imaam and that if there is also a man present, the man should pray beside the imaam and the woman should pray behind him.
See Ahkaam al-Imaamah wa’l-I’timaam by al-Muneef, p. 319-320
And Allaah knows best.

</SPAN>Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Ahmadinejad
01-01-08, 02:13 AM

What if it's just the husband and wife alone on their room?

Saudi Prince
01-01-08, 02:18 AM

. ;)

abdulwakil
01-01-08, 02:31 AM
. ;)

Stop being foolish, do not mock the deen. You should repent to Allah(swt).

AbuMubarak
01-01-08, 02:58 AM
the wife should always be behind, i dont know of the minimum distance

i have heard that there are certain madh'habs where men do not lead their wives in salat, i think its hanafis, but i am not sure

AbuMubarak
01-01-08, 03:11 AM
1 mile will do. ;)
you should fear Allah and not mock islam

peace2u
01-01-08, 05:41 AM
I know a brother who's wife prayed near him, like one step or so behind him. I know other sister who stand far behind their husband's.

Peace

ze leetle elper
01-01-08, 10:32 AM

i have heard that there are certain madh'habs where men do not lead their wives in salat, i think its hanafis, but i am not sure

Nope Hanafis can lead their wives in salah, I don't think any madhab has this restriction?

AbuMubarak
01-01-08, 11:22 AM
ze,

i know brothers who have NEVER lead their wives in salat, they say according to their madhhab, they are not to

they are mostly desis, and i thought that meant hanafi

i may be wrong

Mullah_Din
01-01-08, 10:10 PM

I have already mentioned in my post (above) that The husband would stand in front as an Imaam and lead the prayer and the wife would stand behind him, leaving enough room for her to do Sajadah! (Ahsanul Fatawa)

It is allowed according to HANAFIS!

Wassalaam,

MG
01-01-08, 10:11 PM
awww this is such a cute thread :inlove:

Ebony
01-01-08, 10:12 PM
Whenever i've seen this, the woman stands a step behind her husband. She isn't directly behind him either - but slightly to his left or right.

$HugoBoss$
01-01-08, 10:14 PM
What about brother and sister, same thing right??????

Ebony
01-01-08, 10:16 PM
Yep. Any situation where there are male and female family members its usually men then women.

One man leads, the other men stand behind him with the women behind them.

LastFriday
02-01-08, 07:31 AM
What about brother and sister, same thing right??????

Was just gonna ask that! For the unmarried people :rolleyes:

ummbilal
02-01-08, 08:50 AM
I would stand to the right and a little behind my husband so as not to distract him, and to the right and lil behind my brother.

ze leetle elper
02-01-08, 11:49 AM
ze,

i know brothers who have NEVER lead their wives in salat, they say according to their madhhab, they are not to

they are mostly desis, and i thought that meant hanafi

i may be wrong

That is so strange!? If the husband won't lead them, then what chance does a complete stranger have (albeit he is the imam of the masjid or something!)

Umm_Hafsa1
02-01-08, 12:59 PM
Does the wife have to stand behind the husband on the left side or the right?

AbuMubarak
02-01-08, 01:08 PM
That is so strange!? If the husband won't lead them, then what chance does a complete stranger have (albeit he is the imam of the masjid or something!)

sister here one time started a thread on it, and i have known brothers who do not lead their family in salat at home

i thought it was the strangest thing i heard, but i have heard it more than once from various people

Pro_Candy
02-01-08, 02:02 PM
Families, husband and wife, should always pray together. There should be no question as to whether or not a husband and wife should or can pray together. It's sad that people have to even question it.

I thought Islam wasn't supposed to be so difficult.

tickledpinko
02-01-08, 02:56 PM
sister here one time started a thread on it, and i have known brothers who do not lead their family in salat at home

i thought it was the strangest thing i heard, but i have heard it more than once from various people

that's just crazy...my dad makes us (the whole family) pray jamaah behind him especially for maghrib, ishaa and fajr prayers (convenient times where the whole family is around)...my dad even said it's haraam if u are able to pray in congregation and u refuse to do it to pray alone...congregational prayers are beautiful and strengthen the family unit :)
i'd do the same thing when i have my own family someday inshaallah

Umer Bin Khatab
02-01-08, 03:29 PM
:aku_salam:
when i was younger i always use to pray on my own. as a matter of fact everyone in our household did the samething. i didnt even know that we are suppose to pray in a jamaah ....i always thought that prayin in jamaah was just for the masjid.:( but ALhumdullilah as i started learning more and more bout islam..i started to lead the prayers in my house and even do it sometimes at the uni.... and we all pray in jamaah:D

Abdullah K
06-08-13, 09:05 AM
Where should a woman stand when she prays in jamaa’ah with her husband?

Question:
i have recently got married alhumdulillah and could you tell me can one pray jamat with his wife and if so how?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

It is permissible for a man to lead his wife in prayer, and the woman should stand behind the man, because it is not permissible for her to stand with him, because when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) led Anas and the orphan in prayer, he made Umm Sulaym – who was the mother of Anas – stand behind them.
It is also indicated by the report narrated from Anas ibn Maalik, that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) led him and his mother or maternal aunt in prayer. He said, “He made me stand to his right and he made the woman stand behind us.” (narrated by Muslim, al-Masaajid wa Mawaadi’ al-Salaah, 1056).

Al-Kaasaani said: If there is a woman praying with the imaam, he should make her stand behind him.
Ibn Rushd al-Hafeed said: there is no dispute concerning the fact that a lone woman may pray behind the imaam and that if there is also a man present, the man should pray beside the imaam and the woman should pray behind him.
See Ahkaam al-Imaamah wa’l-I’timaam by al-Muneef, p. 319-320
And Allaah knows best.

</SPAN>Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

:jkk: